BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding a dry bag that will also be used as a drivers back rest on the rt, need something around 17w and 12in deep, thanks, Mike
must be black or silver, not yellow

·
Registered
498 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I have one of these, lasted years and is fully waterproof. Love It.
Made as well as the BMW ones, used this behind me on the RT, GS, LT and my FJR.

Start at $39

Clic me for web page

·
Registered
688 Posts
I went to Bass Pro and bought a waterproof camping bag. They sell all sizes up to way too big. Mine holds two sleeping bags, two matresses, tent, ground cloth, and an assortment of other camping gear. works like a charm. Rode from Charlotte to Miami in a driving rain and all was dry when I got there.

Why pay more than you have to?

Ultra LT

·
Registered
22 Posts
amarider said:
I have one of these, lasted years and is fully waterproof. Love It.
Made as well as the BMW ones, used this behind me on the RT, GS, LT and my FJR.

Start at $39

Clic me for web page
Great deal! I'd love to see some deatail pics on how you guys actually fasten them to the RT.

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
4DSZR1 said:
Great deal! I'd love to see some deatail pics on how you guys actually fasten them to the RT.

Thanks

Rick
Don't have detailed pic's but just use a couple of Rok Straps. Here a couple of non-detailed pics on my 2004 RT and my 2008 FJR.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
mwood7800 said:
Need help finding a dry bag that will also be used as a drivers back rest on the rt, need something around 17w and 12in deep, thanks, Mike
must be black or silver, not yellow
I like the dry bag from WHG, very tough, dry, and available in black. I recommend the 80L size for the added width. The attached cinch straps reduce the size to whatever is packed inside. I have a couple of them for longer rides, one for tent and sleeping bag, etc., another for rain gear, boots, etc.

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/seal-line-wide-mouth-duffel-bag

They also make a duffle bag type.

Dave
'02 R1150RT-P, '01 R1200C, '07 KLR650, '94 KDX250;
"Take the Long Way Home"

(edited from WHP to WHG, I still think of them as White Horse Press!)

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Trojan said:
amarider said:
Don't have detailed pic's but just use a couple of Rok Straps. Here a couple of non-detailed pics on my 2004 RT and my 2008 FJR.
Hi John - is that the "large" size?
Thanks.
Best, John

I'm fairly sure it's the Regular @ 24 inches wide.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Lawrence_D said:
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but this is the bag I use on trips:
http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=1846&osCsid=70bc2ccd26ad43fff73eaf805a6d9bf2

It's great! Holds a ton of stuff, waterproof and indestructible.

Here are some pics of it on the bike
+1 on this bag. I have toured over 30,000 miles with it and have loaned it out to others who have probably added another 30,000 miles or so. It still looks new and despite repeat overstuffing the zipper has held perfectly. One big advanage of this bag is the D rings. I have one Roc strap that routes under the rear rack to a D ring on each side of the bag and another on each side that loops from the D rings over the passenger pegs. The bag can be on and off the bike in 2 seconds, no need to undo anything, just stretch the straps and slip it off. BTW I always use Roc straps --- never a bungee except in an emergency.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts