BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

which "droppers anonymous" goodie would you pony up for?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, "challenge coins" didn't seem to get much response, so I'm not pursuing that option.

I looked and looked, and couldn't find a cliosone-type badge, similar to the roundel, that could be manufactured and placed on the bike in a similar size to the one on the front tupperware in one color that would be less than $40 each with a minimum purchase of 50, so I am ruling that out.

Leaving two options...and see the poll.

1. a computer/die-cut, rub-on decal (see my "deer" on my avatar pic below for the type of decal I am talking about), in silver reflective lettering that will be three lines reading:

If you can read this...
stop laughing and help me pick up my LT.
BMWLT.com Droppers Anonymous

2. A custom jacket/lapel pin (enameled--is that spelled right?), cut in the shape of an LT, possibly an almost exact replica if I can pull that off...with a subtle "D.A." enscribed (remember the original thread, we laughed about how D.A. can have the double meaning of Droppers Anonymous and Dumb Ass...)

Either way, the best price break I can find for a small minimum is 50 items, and both would run about $5. I DO NOT want to make a penny on this, so plan on me posting a copy of the invoice and adding only the cost of a suitable envelope and postage for those who want "in."

Poll options are gonna' be:

1. "decal"

2. "pin"

and

3. "both"

(if you don't like the options, you're welcome not to participate, or come up with something else, hey, I tried!)

I'll let this run until SUNDAY NOVEMBER 5th and then post the "results" at which time I'll ask people to respond with how many of the "winning option" they are willing to commit to. Historically, I've gotten screwed on these things, so I am counting on people who expressed interest to follow through on this, as I anticipate the result will be me purchasing at least 50 of each...which will involve me investing $500 in money you all have to promise NOT to tell my other half about in stickers and pins that I don't want to make any money on!

let the voting begin...

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I've tried to help Pete out by putting a poll here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Although the decal is a fantastic and hilarious quote, I don't like the idea of putting stickers on the bike. I think the pin is a great idea.
I will purchase whichever option wins (or both).
I'd plan on mailing you a check & a return envelope for your services. I don't have paypal.
Thanks for all the work on this!

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Thanks for your work on this. Just voted.

You might want to check out David Shealey's thread on some tech stuff he volunteered to order, assemble, create, weld, quilt, fabricate and otherwise spend personal time on.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have bumped my head harder than I thought...

JR, why would you bother taking the time to post if you're not interested?

I think the general idea behiind the decal was to put it UNDER the bike somewhere that only "those in the know" would know about, but I get the drift. For what it's worth, the place I've talked to handed out instruction sheets that say that a hair-dryer on hot will allow for the decal to remove without any residual remains at any point.

We'll see how the polls run, and I'll order up whatever comes of it, if I get screwed, then i'll have a bunch of "giveaways" for the ol' desk drawer, i still believe in people so there!

Have a good weekend everyone, I'm gonna' be licking my wounds (from another post) after being chastized for using a cell phone, even though I wasn't TALKING on the damn thing, only plugging it into the car charger....I should have just loaded up a BMR shelf with a GPS, radar detector, XM radio, put an official BMW cupholder on the left handlebar for a starbucks quarduple latte, thrown on an ICE controller for an i-pod, added a satellite radar screen, then apparently people wouldn't feel it necessary to tell me what a dick I am for having a cell phone in my car, despite the fact that I was clear about not TALKING on it when I caused myself great bodily harm and ruined my dream car. (I'd shake my head, but I can't move it yet)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'll get my sister to mail you US$ as she is in VA, and you can mail the badges/decals to to her in VA. We often send each other little packages, so adding a badge or two is no problemo.

I'd be happy to give you money up front.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would not worry about be chastized about plugging the cell phone. WHo here has not? YOu just happened to pick the wrong time. No one got seriously injuried so tell them to lay off.
We appreciate your efforts on the pin/decal and I will send the money whenever you ask for it. I might even buy more for my local LT buddies. I would even through one the 4runner just fot that inside joke that only us LTers would get.

Hope you feel better soon. Last accident I got into it took me a good couple of weeks to recover. I got rearended in a parking lot about 10 years ago, btw, it was my fault. My back still acts up once in awhile.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll be needing 2 of each. One sticker for each side of the bike. One pin for myself and my S.O. who has ridden her down with me a couple of times. Once in the mud. D.A. again :histerica Could there be a sticker that is reflective? That would be kewl.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like both

I would definetely be up for both,neat idea.What about those static type stickers you know the kind you put on your windows and such does any one know how you would go about having those made up. Just an idea. Thanks for taking the bull by the horns on this.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
few more days...

if all goes right, the decal will be reflective and will have a separate LT with "DA" written in it, so if you choose, you can only rub that part onto somewhere on your motor...

now if I can just get a cell phone added to it...

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
petevandyke said:
if all goes right, the decal will be reflective and will have a separate LT with "DA" written in it, so if you choose, you can only rub that part onto somewhere on your motor...

now if I can just get a cell phone added to it...
Pete - you have'n 'em done in the DFW area, or on the www? I may tap ya for some info after you've run interference, cuz I'm workin' on a leetle personal project that might benefit from your experience. Nuttin' firm yet, and I'm slower'n molasses fillin' up waffle dents (ooops, bad word!! :eek: ;) ) when it comes to projects that tap my lottery allowance. Anyway, just curious what route your taking?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
locally, the guys that did my "no deer" sticker are based in DFW, but I have another line on a place that is a chain, when I know what is cheaper and better, I'll include it!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
But wait, There's more

I'd probably be up for a few of both...a set for myself and a spare or two to carry so that the award could be given when you witness your friends drop.

Then you'd need another little sticker with the LT laying "tits up" so you could add another for each time you've dropped it...:histerica

And they should come both left and right sided and the lettering should be readable when the bike is on that side...:)

And then of course a pin for your hat....

And a bell........

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
NO LT...but hell, I've dropped everything else!

I am the DropMaster! :eek:

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what was I thinking???

dang, if I had really thought this through, I could have made a whole line of products, created "D.A. LLC" and sold riders bells, decals, cliosone emblems for the fairings, decals, neon lighting, reflective patches, jacket pins, tattoo "flash" art, CELL PHONE COVERS, helmet decals, dremel tool templates so you could carve the designs into the bottom of your boots, another template for use with the metallic silver sharpie markers that when combined with the bike on the centerstand so you could decorate your tires (of course this wouldn't last long, but you could do it just at the end of a ride for when everyone is hanging out), nipple rings for guys like my friend Griff, maybe even birth control devices...

lol

cast yer' votes, I'll do the best that I can, especially with the refelctive decals that will allow you to "rub off" just the LT part or the whole thing if you choose, and I am certain I will end up ordering both stickers and pins...just hope that I don't end up with too many unsold...I can see Christmas now, my nephew and Mom and sister and all my in-laws getting small boxes from me marked "Merry Christmas" with a rub-off decal reading "if you can read this, stop laughing and help me pick up my LT" and a custom pin" looking at me then whispering to each other "see...I TOLD you he's not right....."

Cheers

P

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
petevandyke said:
dang, if I had really thought this through, I could have made a whole line of products, created "D.A. LLC" and sold riders bells, decals, cliosone emblems for the fairings, decals, neon lighting, reflective patches, jacket pins, tattoo "flash" art, CELL PHONE COVERS, helmet decals, dremel tool templates so you could carve the designs into the bottom of your boots, another template for use with the metallic silver sharpie markers that when combined with the bike on the centerstand so you could decorate your tires (of course this wouldn't last long, but you could do it just at the end of a ride for when everyone is hanging out), nipple rings for guys like my friend Griff, maybe even birth control devices...
P
Just the pin...well what color is the neon lighting?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts