BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about starting the day on a drop.

While going to work, I saw a bike on it's side in a parking lot. So I stopped, backpeddled and got off the bike.

Righted the downed bike (old Honda 500) which had a wheel lock (bicycle type) attached to a sign post. got back on the bike and headed to work.

Pulled a U turn (one I have done several times) at the usual spot and....stalled the engine. Down it went. Picked it up and walked it 20' to the parking spot. Walked back and picked up the saddlebag that was laying on the street and re-installed it.

For the next ten minutes, I was going through an adrenaline rush. Broke out in sweat.

Got the first scuff on my brand new boots too. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
705 Posts
NOT a great way to begin a Friday! Hope your weekend goes better!

Wishing you a better weekend...

·
Registered
8 Posts
As they say "No good deed goes unpunished." I like you do not agree with this quote however. Sorry to hear of your drop but at least it was at low speed. Enjoy the rest of your day knowing you helped a fellow rider out!!!!! Randy

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
It's a GS, you're supossed to drop it once in a while!!:D

Glad you didn't get hurt though.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Nice going helping out a fellow rider, glad you're OK, bummer about the boots, what Ted said about the GS.

How come the bag fell off?
What gear where you in?
How much fuel where you carrying?
What was your tire pressure?
Did you look thru the turn?
Was the street sunny or in the shade?
Do you carry your wallet on the left or right?
Was your coat zipped all the way up?
Maybe your alternator belt is too tight?
What did you have for breakfast.
What are you having for lunch?

Without additional info/pics there is no way to help prevent this in the future.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
RaffyK said:
Talk about starting the day on a drop.

While going to work, I saw a bike on it's side in a parking lot. So I stopped, backpeddled and got off the bike.

Righted the downed bike (old Honda 500) which had a wheel lock (bicycle type) attached to a sign post. got back on the bike and headed to work.

Pulled a U turn (one I have done several times) at the usual spot and....stalled the engine. Down it went. Picked it up and walked it 20' to the parking spot. Walked back and picked up the saddlebag that was laying on the street and re-installed it.

For the next ten minutes, I was going through an adrenaline rush. Broke out in sweat.

Got the first scuff on my brand new boots too. :)
Go back and punch out the guy with the downed Honda 500 - he started all that shit!!! :histerica

Glad you didn't hurt yourself, Raffy. Boot polish'll take care of the scuff when you git home!!

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Ya gotta leave the scuff marks!! Makes ya look authentic LOL

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Raffy, really screws up the old mindset for the whole day, eh? :D

But it's Friday, enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Glad you're OK, Raffy. That bike as too clean anyway. :D

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
dougholck said:
Nice going helping out a fellow rider, glad you're OK, bummer about the boots, what Ted said about the GS.

How come the bag fell off?
What gear where you in?
How much fuel where you carrying?
What was your tire pressure?
Did you look thru the turn?
Was the street sunny or in the shade?
Do you carry your wallet on the left or right?
Was your coat zipped all the way up?
Maybe your alternator belt is too tight?
What did you have for breakfast.
What are you having for lunch?

Without additional info/pics there is no way to help prevent this in the future.
You forgot...
What kind of oil are you using?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Raffey,

I don't know whether to feel better about myself after doing basically the same thing or bad about you because you are as old and goofy as me.....

Doug,

You have way too much time on your hands man!!!!!!!!!

Paul in South Bend,

Nice of you to reply from so far away. Just tell me you're not an Irish fan. I'm a Boilerbmaker myself.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts