BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding a set of driving lights to my RT. Are the wires to the battery are usually routed under the tank or around the side of the tank underneath the fairings? I am looking for the easiest way to do this but want to do it so that it doesn't cause any problems.

Regards,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: Driving lifhts Wire Routing

I always try to follow the factory wiring routing. In this case the harness runs along the upper frame tube on the right side of the fuel tank. Pretty easy to get access for your project without removing the fuel tank. Besides looking neater and more professional the routing as described will not interfere with normal service and repair procedures. You or your technician will be a lot happier.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Re: Driving lifhts Wire Routing

cessna said:
I am adding a set of driving lights to my RT. Are the wires to the battery are usually routed under the tank or around the side of the tank underneath the fairings? I am looking for the easiest way to do this but want to do it so that it doesn't cause any problems.

Regards,
As I learned from some anonymous genius, you can run the wires front to back on the right side without removing any tupperware. Straighten out a metal hanger and tape the wires to the end of it. You can then snake the hanger along the frame rail channel under the tank. Works like a charm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts