BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Driver Backrest - once again

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rowie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Rudy, aren't you the author of post # 13 on this thread? http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58108&highlight=ebay+backrest

It contains the usual amount of input from persons who have the product and are qualified to make accurate observations/recommendations, those who wouldn't buy it based on a total lack of first hand knowledge of the product but who are willing to offer up all kinds of rhetoric, and those who have suggestions for alternatives such as looking for a used specimen of the original product.

Probably not going to get much different with this post.

Just sayin',

Loren

#3 ·
No - I wasn`t the Author of that post, Loren.

Also the backrest where we did talk about in that mentioned thread was different.

I just found this one on Ebay and asked about it.

Anything wrong with that????????

I am just a bit confused

#4 ·
I don't think you are confused I think it must be me!

I went to ebay and looked at the new listing and there sure isn't much information in the listing about the product and it looks even closer to the Bakup than the previous product.

Nearly 700 hits on the listing. Stand by for more advice from the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Loren

#5 ·
#6 ·
Looks like it's half the price.. Way less than half the quality...If the frame is made from soft steel it'll just bend... The Backup is THICK Stainless steel.... ( With very sharp edges I might add)...I take some sandpaper to any that I get....

You might ask them what it's made from...

John

#8 ·
the initial link in this thread is the path to the actual auction i won/bought. i am very happy with the backrest with one exception. there is no "covering" of the exposed metal parts as the actual bak up comes with, other than that worth the money. by the way it has just as much adjustment fwd and bckwd, up and down, as the bakup. Silver bikes are the proven fastest :bmw: :rotf:

#9 ·
I bought a prior version and I'm very happy, with the one exception you point out -no covering for the folding bracket and hardware. But for the money I'm very happy. In my case less than one third the cost. Friend wi a backup commented that the quality of mine was very good and he'd go that way if he had to do it again......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.