• Non Drinker

Votes: 155 43.1%
  • Drinker

Votes: 205 56.9%
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Only after riding or driving is done for the day, and usually only Wine, I love red wine. Cabernet, Shiraz or a good Pinot Noir (when I can afford it).

·
Registered
469 Posts
As an early poster replied I drink a lot of water and tea, plus I enjoy one double espresso a day. Now as to alcohol I love a decent cider, too, but tipple of choice is a nice glass of claret. Once a year I let my hair down with champagne, but SWMBO doesn't like it so I have to share the bottle with friends - can't drink more than 2 glasses now otherwise I fall asleep! :rotf:

We've solved the ride/need-to-pee problem by carrying a special plastic screw-top bottle that I used to have in my plane (single-engine 4-seaters don't have toilet compartments and you can't stop that easily if anyone is taken short!) and SWMBO now has a she-wee which fits in her purse. http://www.shewee.com/ She highly recommends it when out on a long ride (she can now go behind the tree too) or in places with dodgy/filthy facilities.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
zippy_gg said:
I drink in moderation, usually no more than 2 glasses of wine or 2 beers when I don't have to ride or drive.
I had 2 different types of beer at the Brewery in Fort Bragg, as we walked from the inn to the restaurant and back.
Great place to stop and sample. Little tiny glasses of each kind ( I believe either 8 or 10 different brews ) I don't think add up to a pint. The North Coast Brewing does a great job with all flavors, but my fav was Ol' Engine No.9 stout. Yum! Bar food was excelent, too.

Jer

·
Registered
23 Posts
I enjoy a nice glass of red every now and then (more now than then) but never touch any alcoholic beverage when riding or planning on riding.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would hate to think how many Kegs I may have drank..drunk?? in my younger days(im only 39) I cant hardly handle the smell of beer anymore, honestly I think Im allergic to it. I think someone is telling me something... <\\\><

·
Registered
189 Posts
I never drink alcohol before or during riding. There are enough nuts on the roads.

You can legally have a 5 o/oo when driving here in Switzerland (car, bike, whatever). My insurance company encourages the 0 o/oo by offering a 10% fee reduction. If ever I have an accident with alcohol in my blood, there is a 2'000 CHF charge for non-respect of my engagement.

Otherwise, there is the odd bottle of red wine when eating, just as all civilized people tend to have with a good meal.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Haven't had any adult beverages since 1968. I found my stupidity level goes way up when my blood alcohol level rises. Got into trouble because of that, sending a buddy to the hospital. Swore off when I sobered up, & found out he would live, been off the sauce ever since. Just water, fruit juice & the occasional soda.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Have not had a drink or otherwise for 21 years.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've been totally off the sauce for nearly 20 years now. I had already used up my lifetime allotment of stupid by then, so it was time to quit. Jack Daniels stock took a nose dive right after I stopped supporting them.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Stopped drinking when it became legal. Alcohol and motorcycles don't mix well..............................

21 - 33 of 33 Posts