• Drinker

Votes: 205 56.9%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
doctorbeemer said:
Drinker or non Drinker
please be more clear, do you meen while you're riding, or just in general?
Myself I don't drink at all. atleast not in the last 12 years

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quit drinking any adult beverages before or during riding a LONG time ago. Decided to try to sneak home from an all night drinking bout with friends since I could get to the house by rolling through the parking lot of a local mall, go through a pedestrian gate, and head up a pretty deserted side street for about a half block to the house. Made it across the parking lot okay, but didn't even come close to making it through the gate. Hit the fence, landed pretty hard, broke the clutch handle and shifter off. Had to walk that pig the rest of the way home and I could hardly walk by myself. Taught me a VERY valuable lesson... Now, not even a beer if I am going to be riding.

·
Registered
684 Posts
doctorbeemer said:
Drinker or non Drinker
I stay well hydrated when I ride butt it makes me pee. Then again I try not drink just before I go to bed so I wont pee.

·
Miles of Smiles
1,060 Posts
It's Not Hard.

Flying for the last 32 years. (Ret. now)
Love a glass of wine with Rena, but only in moderation.
Couldn't drink 10 hours before flying, and I think riding is far more challenging. So many crazies out there! Zero alcohol while on the bike. Makes that glass at the end of the day that much sweeter.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,181 Posts
I drink in moderation, usually no more than 2 glasses of wine or 2 beers when I don't have to ride or drive.
I had 2 different types of beer at the Brewery in Fort Bragg, as we walked from the inn to the restaurant and back.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, I can't say I've never had an alcoholic drink, but it's been so long ago, I can't remember when it was. I can say I've never been drunk, or even "buzzed."

When I was a kid, I worked on a farm. The lady who owned the farm, was an old fashioned, Baptist, temperance lady. One day when expounding on the evils of drink, she asked me. "You ever notice that beer and cow "P" look the same? Same color...foam up the same way."

I don't think I drank a beer that I didn't think of her, with a smile. I never did develope a taste for any kind of alcohol. I blame it on "Dollbaby." And thank the Lord for her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hilton said:
...Couldn't drink 10 hours before flying, and I think riding is far more challenging. So many crazies out there! Zero alcohol while on the bike. Makes that glass at the end of the day that much sweeter.
I concur. My favourite drink is usually a decent Scotch on the rocks after the riding is done. I've never had alcohol in me while riding (or driving).

Regards,
Lucky

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have 1 or 2 when out to eat, but never when riding or driving within 2 hours, wife drives and doesn't drink. a glass of red wine with supper is good for health. If walking or home I've done a little too much many times, and probably always will.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I go thru tons of water here, I keep two half gallons in the fridge with a thick walled glasss next to it--keeps it nice and cold.

When I leave home, I always bring one or two bottles of water with me; keep some half filled and frozen.

Once in a while, after the kick stand is down, and its late evening, I'll put my feet up and have an Ale.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Not when riding. Eight hours bottle to throttle, as we used to say.

But . . . at the end of the day, something red with dinner (on my doctor's recommendation, no less :cool: ), or a cocktail with friends, sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Never drink the alcohol during the day I ride. At night I love that gin and tonic.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drinking and "The Rules After 50"

I live by these rules now (pardon me if they offend):

1. Never squander an erection,

2. Never trust a fart,

3. Never pass a bathroom.

Rule #3 influences my drinking behavior greatly. I now drink rarely, and only at home within a few paces of my bathrooms. I never drink when travelling, 'cause it makes me sleepy at night and headachey in the morning, thus ruining the start of a day on the road.

As I got older I found excessive drinking eliminates the need for Rule #1 but increases the importance of Rule #2.

Getting old sucks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sidmariner said:
I live by these rules now (pardon me if they offend):

1. Never squander an erection,

2. Never trust a fart,

3. Never pass a bathroom.

Rule #3 influences my drinking behavior greatly. I now drink rarely, and only at home within a few paces of my bathrooms. I never drink when travelling, 'cause it makes me sleepy at night and headachey in the morning, thus ruining the start of a day on the road.

As I got older I found excessive drinking eliminates the need for Rule #1 but increases the importance of Rule #2.

Getting old sucks.
:rotf: ... awwwwwesome! :histerica :histerica Just wait until you experience passing a kidney stone ...they told me it was close to a female giving birth!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Old pilots saying - '24 hours between bottle & and throttle' - I drink an awful lot of beer in my village pub - never at home, unless I've got a 'mucky women' round, and never ever before I'm riding. When I was getting my plane drivers licence, I had a good sesh, then was doing 'touch and go' circuits the next day. I had three dodgy approaches, and remember thinking - 'if I don't get this right, I'm gonna be up here all night'. It is amazing how much even a 'moderate' amount of alcohol fuddles your brain for a whole day, especially when you have to concentrate.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
teejay said:
I don't drink anytime, period. Never liked the taste.
Regards
Terry
My little brother lives just outside Preston - little village called Leatown - he doesn't like the taste either, so he drinks cider :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts