BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a drink/cup holder. Does anyone have any suggestions. Would like for it to hold a diet coke 20oz securely.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Sure... get yourself one from Yallwart and screw it to a comfortable place.

There are other options.. I have a "Butler" system and love it. check out Glassact.com I think.

Some have used the little $1 versions and screwed them to the tupperware...

Or a "Bar Bouy"...

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
82 Posts
kingdaddy said:
I am looking for a drink/cup holder. Does anyone have any suggestions. Would like for it to hold a diet coke 20oz securely.
e-mail me and I'll send you the pattern.
Bell Cup Holder at Wal-Mart $5.00
6" square if 1/8" aluminum $2.00
2 Machine screws from Lowes .50

Stable cup Holder.......PRICELESS!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ended up making my own. I wanted to hold up to 1 liter of water since I live and ride in the desert alot. I used sheet metal and bent the top part so I could use two screws hidden behind the mirrors to attach the holder to. I put one on each side, so they are out of the way, not hanging on my handlebars etc. Now I can keep up to 2 liters on the bike within reach while riding and don't have to wear anything or have it on my bars.

I have photos in the gallery section, I'll try to post the link below.

http://www.bmwlt.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2321&c=3&userid=15899

Wasn't too tough to do. I might have the pattern around still if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
my cup holder sits behind me :histerica

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the BMW version attached to my handle bar. It came with the bike, and I never use it. The previous owner said it was $124.00. I never checked the value, but if you are interested I'm sure we can work something out. I don't plan on using it. It is pretty cool how it flips up and folds down. I was thinking of attaching another gismo to it like my GPS.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The OEM BMW cupholder is the only option that I would use on the LT. All other options are . . . well . . . err . . . <insert insulting comment here>. Yes, I know that the BMW cupholder is expensive. But then again, we're talking about an LT here. Surely there are other cheaper alternatives out there. You get what you pay for.

Work out the deal with member '378'. You won't be sorry ... not for a second. :)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Dittos on the OEM. I carry a 20 oz Thermos mug in mine and that expensive cup holder looks great on my expensive LT. The tricks my LT does gets the H-D, and others, croud.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I use a RAM Mount (PO had it already installed).

The advantage, not that a drink holder isn't enough, is that you can also adapt any number of holders (GPS, Cell, MP3, etc) to it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check our Ram Products, I stopped at a Bass Pro Shop and picked up a mount and cup holder for about $45. Same stuff you put on your boat!

Shawn Rolison

·
Registered
495 Posts
I use the BMW holder w/a Starbucks cup and REI straw - coffee in the morning then switch to ice, which melts for ice water.... Haven't figured out how to drink from a plastic bottle & ride the twisties at speed.. :D

Besides, the OEM unit LOOKs like it belongs on the bike....

·
Registered
350 Posts
kingdaddy said:
The Butler is great - as long as you don't have anything mounted where the factory '05 GPS goes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I use a kids backpack from wally world for $10 as a tank bag. I just cut off the shoulder straps and stitched on some no slip where it contacts the odment(s?) cover. Tied on with an old shoe string on top and the little strap on the bottom, hooks just like the BMW bag. This holds my 1 liter Dew bottle and keeps it out of the sun. It actually stays cooler, even thought the bag is black. I can just slide it in the main section and grab it when I want a drink. It also holds my spare glasses and cig's. Now don't turn this into a "you shouldn't smoke" thread. This is the cheapest option I have found and it works great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts