3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this is with Ohlins!

Cheers :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Very nice! Pretty sure mine would get dizzy and fall over if it leaned that far over! I know for sure that if my wife was on behind me she would be getting off! At the next stop maybe but just as likely at speed! She DOES NOT like to tip! At all! Thanks Hannigan! The sidecar makes the difference and let's us enjoy riding together.

Does kind of put a damper on the twisties though!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Nice Bret.........

Good form.............enjoy ya' show off.................... :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess I am not alone then.....

Coming from a Hayabusa, I hit the center stand with my wife on the back on the test ride! Just a few days later, with my daughter on the back, I was dragging the other side of the center stand. I quickly learned that if I point my toes down and out from the pegs, that my boots would drag before the hard parts, At least they will not lift the weight off the tires.

Another 25000 miles on this, and I may have it figured out. ;)

Todd

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Palerider said:
Nice Bret.........

Good form.............enjoy ya' show off.................... :cool:
I figured I get some laughs out of this one :rotf:

No, the drink was never spilt.

This was the only fast run I got to enjoy, too many slow bikes (actually slower than the cages).

Dave, yep Dragon, should have worn tennis shoes in your honor :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nice Ridin'... And to prove it, you made the Killboy front page. Good Job.

And as an added feature, I just learned in another recent post that you can ride your LT all day like this and never cup your tires.

Only the crown from the road will cup the tires on the LT.

Yeah Right!
If you keep riding like this you will be swapping tires as often as I do.

Looking Good!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,941 Posts
MikeERideWNC said:
And as an added feature, I just learned in another recent post that you can ride your LT all day like this and never cup your tires.

Only the crown from the road will cup the tires on the LT.

Yeah Right!
If you keep riding like this you will be swapping tires as often as I do.
I don't know about crowns and left hand curves (saw the other thread :p ) but at 14K on front Me880 and it are just starting to cup (well 6,200 was a crosscountry trip mixed slab and twisties). I used to have them cup at 4K, but I stopped using the front brake in the curves - infact I stopped using the brakes all together except to stop at a stop sign or light.

Lookin' good Brett

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RVB1019 said:
So you were drinking Mountain Dew in that cup? Yuk! :p :
:rotf: :histerica as a matter of fact it was a small amount of warm Iced Tea from Arby's from Blue Ridge, Ga, now that was yuk! Forgot to bring a reall cup!

Mike, good riding too :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts