BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I buzzed up to the store for the wife, then came back and had her take some pics of me finally on the bike in motion and not in the garage in my socks. After our little photo shoot, i pulled into my driveway and i was just going to damned slow and.....

DOWN she went...... :eek:

I was much more fortunate than gulfxray, though, as I only scuffed the black skin on the wedge piece designed for exactly this event. I scuffed up the ridge on the tupperware directly below it, too, but that was it.

A few things came immediately to mind as i took a couple breaths to calm myself before doing anything to the bike.

First, it wasn't nearly as bad an event as I had imagined it would be.

Second, the beauty turns into a beast real quick when you're forced to wrestle her up from a prone napping position.

Third, i've dropped every bike i've ever owned at one time or another and l have to say, this bike, for all its expensive pieces, suffered the least amount of damage out of all the "drops" in my history.

Finally, this was the first time i wasn't completely focused on the bike's needs and demands at those low speeds, as my dogs had run off down the neighborhood and i was half-assed looking for them and thinking about how i was going to round them up.

I got lucky, compared to GXRay--just a little bruised pride, but nothing else to speak of.

I do ride with a helmet 99.9% of the time--except of course, in my cul de sac right before i throw my 20 thousand dollar motorsickle onto the driveway for a rest.

Sheesh--this ol dog's learned some new tricks today.....

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts
What, no pics of the beached whale? She had the camera out already . . . :)

BTW, I'm not touching your post title, tempting as it may be. :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Boy, sorry to hear that Steve.... Glad you came out a bit better than I.

Got to admit, I am wondering how you going to round up the dogs with LT myeslf - makes for some funny images!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lordy--there were enough pun makers and word plays in my first post to keep a whole crew of comedians busy for months and the title, now that I have a chance to look at it, sorta leaves a lot to be desired--and no pun intended here, too!

As for pics of "the incident"- -the wife had gone inside before my crash and burn to answer the phone and never knew I hit the ground until I told her 20 minutes later.

By then, the bike was on her feet and the neighbor was chuckling to himself about the moron BMW rider next door!

And finally, as for rounding up the mutts--not sure if you can really tell in the pics above, but

the brindle boy is pretty easy to round up on the LT, or by slow boat to china, for that matter--it's his playmate that gives me a run for the money!

Eh, but what the hey--I'll be out playin tomorrow on it....I mean the bike, Meese...heheh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gulfxray said:
Boy, sorry to hear that Steve.... Glad you came out a bit better than I.

Got to admit, I am wondering how you going to round up the dogs with LT myeslf - makes for some funny images!
I didn't tell you before because I was wrapped up in my own disaster, but my heart goes out to ya and I wish you and the bike a speedy recovery.
Thanks for your thoughts and your kind words.
:bmw:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts