BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Dooger's on Jan 9th, 2011

4K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  clayton 
#1 ·
There are several of us planning on meeting at Dooger's in Long Beach, WA on Sunday, Jan. 9th, 2011.

I'm thinking noonish but can make it later if needed. Everyone is welcome to join us. If we can get a head count I'll be happy to call and give them a heads up on how many will be showing up for lunch.

Dan, since your closest riding neighbor, Denny, has other plans, would you like to meet John and I somewhere along the way?
:wave
900 Pacific Ave S
Long Beach, WA 98631
(360) 642-4224

#3 ·
Here is a Hyperlink with directions for anyone unfamiliar with Doogers:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/doogers-seafood-and-grill-long-beach

And I gues we should start a list, so here it is. Just copy the list and add your name if interested. Otherwise I guess Art & I are gonna have t eat an awful lot to make up for all the rest of you fine folks!

1. Art Kester (Artk50)
2. John Fisher (AlaskaFish)

John

#4 ·
I'm in!

1. Art Kester (Artk50)
3. Dan Kienle (reelman)

#5 ·
Are you guys planning on biking it or caging it? I may have my heated jacket liner by then. I also just got my new Multitech hemet with a pinlock visor I may want to try out. It looks like a high of 41 and a low of 27 Sunday morning. Thats 43 and 31 for Long Beach, WA. I do not have any heated gloves!

#6 ·
Hi Larry! Most of us are talking on the Bike. But if Wx is too extreme cages are certainly permitted! The main thing is a chance to get out and ride as well as grab a bite to eat with fellow riders. Hope you can join us!

John
lkniess said:
Are you guys planning on biking it or caging it? I may have my heated jacket liner by then. I also just got my new Multitech hemet with a pinlock visor I may want to try out. It looks like a high of 41 and a low of 27 Sunday morning. Thats 43 and 31 for Long Beach, WA. I do not have any heated gloves!

#7 ·
artk50 said:
Dan, since your closest riding neighbor, Denny, has other plans, would you like to meet John and I somewhere along the way?
I'll probably be going out HWY 30 or maybe 4 on the Washington side. That's the long way to 101 for you guys. Maybe I can get Oskar to go. I'll check back with you folks.

Dan

#8 ·
Assuming no ice storm I'm planning on riding the GS. Maybe Saturday I should run down to Wingman and get a pair of Gerbing glove liners:) The rest of me seems to be fine with "layering".

lkniess said:

#9 ·
Just curious

I bought a Heated jacket liner and it is to come today. I have never used these things and have a question. If I wanted gloves, will and other makers gloves hook up with the Tourmaster? I guess I am assuming there will be a connection of some sort at each wrist area?!?

larry

#10 ·
Us too! Providing the weather and temperature are above freezing.
:)

1. Art Kester (Artk50)
3. Dan Kienle (reelman)
5. Ernie & Pauline (ErnieA)

#11 ·
Well, haven't checked the Wx for Long Beach yet, but they are already changing our forecast down here from overcast to possible snow flurries! So, that probably means it will be sunny! Will be watching the Wx and seeing if it looks safe enough for the ride. meanwhile, I took the liberty of correcting the actual count now that we actually are getting folks interested.
1. Art Kester (Artk50)
3. Dan Kienle (reelman)
5 & 6. Ernie & Pauline (ErnieA)

John

#13 ·
I went to wingmans to look for deals and scored a Pinlock Dark visor insert for $20. Wanted the gerbings gloves but they must be sold for full retail so I passed and figured that I can get them from a place closer to Beaverton and they aren't closing the store.

Too bad I had to stand in line for 55 minutes just to get the insert!

#14 ·
AlaskaFish said:
I took the liberty of correcting the actual count now that we actually are getting folks interested.
1. Art Kester (Artk50)
3. Dan Kienle (reelman)
5 & 6. Ernie & Pauline (ErnieA)

John
John,

What arithmetic are you using? I lost enough weight to not count as two people I hope.
;)

#15 ·
ErnieA said:
John,

What arithmetic are you using? I lost enough weight to not count as two people I hope.
;)
Oops! Too long staring at the computer screen I guess Ernie! I didn't even look at the actual numbers, just figured there should be two numbers for two people. I forgot about all that brown math you must have done for decades! So how about I fix my screw-up now? (By putting your most excellent math back like it was!)

1. Art Kester (Artk50)
3. Dan Kienle (reelman)
5. Ernie & Pauline (ErnieA)

John

#16 ·
AlaskaFish said:
Oops! Too long staring at the computer screen I guess Ernie! I didn't even look at the actual numbers, just figured there should be two numbers for two people. I forgot about all that brown math you must have done for decades! So how about I fix my screw-up now? (By putting your most excellent math back like it was!)
John
LOL I'm so glad you have a sense of humor John. Thanks for the poke in the ribs too. It is going to take a long time for the Brown Blood to return to the more normal shade of red.

:D

#18 ·
Well folks, after conferring with Art a few minutes ago, we both feel that this may not be the best weekend for a chowder run. Differing to Safety over brawn, especially considering the current weather and the forecast for more tomorrow, we think it may be a better weekend for hot chocolate or java by the fire along with storing the last of those Christmas ornaments & lights!

However, should the rest of you feel like proceeding, please do not let us stop you all! In that vein, I will post the names of those brave soles who may still be making the run. If you agree with our decision though, please drop a line, or remove your names from the list to avoid confusion for everyone else out there!

:(
1. Dan Kienle (reelman)
3. Ernie & Pauline (ErnieA)

Dan, looks like you're leader of the pack for now buddy!

Wimpish, but still alive,

John

#19 ·
AlaskaFish said:
However, should the rest of you feel like proceeding, please do not let us stop you all! In that vein, I will post the names of those brave soles who may still be making the run. If you agree with our decision though, please drop a line, or remove your names from the list to avoid confusion for everyone else out there!

:(
1. Dan Kienle (reelman)

John
Sorry all; the weather outside is not what hospitable at all. It is forecast to be worse tomorrow. May I suggest we follow you lead John and make it a family home weekend. I have been away all week anyway and have a lot to catch up on around the house and shop.

Cheers!

#20 ·
Hey Dan, it's starting to look like a cold lonely ride buddy!

John
ErnieA said:
Sorry all; the weather outside is not what hospitable at all. It is forecast to be worse tomorrow. May I suggest we follow you lead John and make it a family home weekend. I have been away all week anyway and have a lot to catch up on around the house and shop.

Cheers!

#21 ·
I had put my name and Nicks on the list a couple of days ago, Then my post disappeared??? Since they are calling for snow and ice I think we will cancel as well. Live to ride another day I say. I need a good ride and some chowder so I will be watching the weather and this forum for our next chance.

#22 ·
Hey Brian, I swear I didn't waste your post! And never did see it. In fact Art was wondering if you were even around since we had not seen a post. You are right that we do need a chowder run though!

Watching the weather,

John
sanjaun2 said:
I had put my name and Nicks on the list a couple of days ago, Then my post disappeared??? Since they are calling for snow and ice I think we will cancel as well. Live to ride another day I say. I need a good ride and some chowder so I will be watching the weather and this forum for our next chance.

#23 ·
AlaskaFish said:
Hey Dan, it's starting to look like a cold lonely ride buddy!
I just got home and agree with everyone regarding tomorrow. Hopefully we can make a run soon,

Dan

#24 ·
John, I had made the post and then went back in to change my home town from Tacoma to Lake Stevens. That must have disturbed the electron flow or something. I am definitely looking forward to get some riding in. So much so, That I have been thinking of Red River already. Now that seed has been planted with you all.........

#26 ·
Anything going on this weekend? How about a WRR? Warm Rain Run... This time of year warm rain is about the best we could hope for. Especially since if the rain and clouds go away it dips below freezing. Still have not fulfilled my hankering for Chowder. Anybody interested?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.