BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awful article on Motorcyclist.com about two women failing an Iron Butt Ride. No word about gear used, but wouldn't doubt that they were completely unprepared and went fashion over function. A Honda Rebel 500 during winter being good? LOL...

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I read that article in the last issue. They just didn't have the right spirit, nor were they well prepared.

BTW, Motorcyclist magazine used to be fairly decent, but with the new ownership a year or so back, they had gone rapidly downhill, IMHO. I used to read the magazine cover-to-cover, but they had changed so much by losing all of their good writers and editors, and thought that they could attract readers by increasing the quality of the paper and make the magazine fatter, while cutting issues from monthly to every two-months. The last issue that I received was the last one that I will ever receive, since I let the subscription lapse. Why should I spend money on something that I just skim though and read perhaps 5% of the content? That is what this magazine has turned into!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts