BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clicky

I just got a basterdized version of this... Apparently the motorcycle was traveling anywhere from 25 MPH to 220 MPH... I wish people would get it right... It makes it hard to find out if any of it is true...

Either way, it makes you stop and stare...

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Yep, these pictures make the circuit about every 12 - 18 months. Been going around for quite a while. Definitely a nasty accident, just wish someone had the facts.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
UncleMark said:
.....Apparently the motorcycle was traveling anywhere from 25 MPH to 220 MPH.....
IF those pics are real, the M/C would have been travelling at approx (+/- 10 MPH) 150 MPH to produce said damage! :eek:

Once again, a graphic illustration that speed does NOT kill, BUT, stopping really, really fast, does! :eek2:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
It said about 155 mph. Three lives snuffed out.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Made the rounds through the rocket ranch last week in an email about driving while on a cell phone, even got sent out as a safety message about distracted driving. Of course....within a few minutes we had someone check snopes and send out the predictable "it's the motorcycle guys fault, he was speeding" reply to all. Then he tried to imply that bikes stop and turn faster than cars so if he wasn't hauling ass he'd have had time to miss the car that pulled out. Because, you know, bikes are "hard to see". My subsequent response (to all) has a couple people looking at me differently now.

I mean of course it's the bikers fault. Let's just ignore the point of the email and go on secure with the thought that talking on the cell phone, texting and eating your morning cereal are all acceptable activities while you're in charge of a two ton chunk of steel. It's ok, us bikers will get out of the way. I made an offer, to give anyone who wanted a ride through traffic on the back of my Triumph, so they could see what it's like dealing with distracted drivers first hand. I had no takers...

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
hoog62 said:
Made the rounds through the rocket ranch last week in an email about driving while on a cell phone, even got sent out as a safety message about distracted driving. Of course....within a few minutes we had someone check snopes and send out the predictable "it's the motorcycle guys fault, he was speeding" reply to all. Then he tried to imply that bikes stop and turn faster than cars so if he wasn't hauling ass he'd have had time to miss the car that pulled out. Because, you know, bikes are "hard to see". My subsequent response (to all) has a couple people looking at me differently now.

I mean of course it's the bikers fault. Let's just ignore the point of the email and go on secure with the thought that talking on the cell phone, texting and eating your morning cereal are all acceptable activities while you're in charge of a two ton chunk of steel. It's ok, us bikers will get out of the way. I made an offer, to give anyone who wanted a ride through traffic on the back of my Triumph, so they could see what it's like dealing with distracted drivers first hand. I had no takers...
Right on, Dave. When you reconstruct a T/C (notice I did not use the term "accident"), you find that the causation is often multiple small events that led to major failure (much like a plane crash). So the end result is the inevitable, not the "accident." :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts