BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of Don's armrest for my 2005 lt. The armrest should arrive by Thursday. I am decent with tools but was wondering if there was anyone who has installed Don's armrest before that lives within a 100 miles of Terre Haute, Indiana that would want to spend a couple hours this weekend supervising my installation. I can ride to you or you can ride to my shop. Either way, I will buy dinner of your choice!

Daryl

·
Registered
700 Posts
Wish I could help. But the instructions are great you shouldn't have any problems...just read through a couple of times & reread before drilling etc so you won't make any mistakes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If the offer to drive still stands, just head on down to Fort Worth, Texas, and I'll let you take a rest while I put your arm rests on. :bmw:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Texas sounds like a fun trip. However, I just heard out on the news that your state just lost out on a bid to receive a Space Shuttle to be put on display....sounds like I will have to ride to New York instead to see it....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OU812 said:
If I was not working I would head down as my Aunt lives there and I could do a visit at the same time. Good luck with your install! :bmw:
Someday we still need to meet. I have three children that live in Wood Dale, just south of Buffalo Grove.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Oh hell, you're way up by Chicago....................
I've got them on my LT...............a snap to put on......but.................
I'm not riding thru Chicago traffic....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
STARFIGHTER said:
Oh hell, you're way up by Chicago....................
I've got them on my LT...............a snap to put on......but.................
I'm not riding thru Chicago traffic....
No one would hold that against you. :wave

·
Registered
244 Posts
anwdaryl said:
I just purchased a set of Don's armrest for my 2005 lt. The armrest should arrive by Thursday. I am decent with tools but was wondering if there was anyone who has installed Don's armrest before that lives within a 100 miles of Terre Haute, Indiana that would want to spend a couple hours this weekend supervising my installation. I can ride to you or you can ride to my shop. Either way, I will buy dinner of your choice!

Daryl
Daryl,
I live in Lafayette.. but the next 2 weekends are out for me with work projects! My family lives in the Terre Haute area !! I have another LT riding buddy up here in Lafayette that provides for multiple projects on the bikes. Nothing scares me anymore :<) My LT is an 05' as well with a bunch of farkles and updates except armrests.. so far.. If a weekend after Apr 24 would work out.. I might be able to help.. or of course you could come to Laf..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
anwdaryl said:

Daryl
Hey Daryl, as some have stated, the arm rest installation process is fairly straight forward. Heck if I can do it anyone can. I just had to get through the fear of drilling into my nice new '08. Turned out great! Probably the best farkle for the SO I have added since the floorboards!

If you are still reserved about doing it, let me know, I'm in Michigan City and have a place we can do it here. Just right now I am on Workers Comp and unable to ride down to you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Daryl,
I live in Sullivan and I have them on an 07, I didn't think the installation was easy, however , we got them on.

jrh

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
billd said:
Daryl,
I live in Lafayette.. but the next 2 weekends are out for me with work projects! My family lives in the Terre Haute area !! I have another LT riding buddy up here in Lafayette that provides for multiple projects on the bikes. Nothing scares me anymore :<) My LT is an 05' as well with a bunch of farkles and updates except armrests.. so far.. If a weekend after Apr 24 would work out.. I might be able to help.. or of course you could come to Laf..
Thank you so much for the offer. I went ahead and dug into the project and was able to complete it without too many issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts