BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Jeff Bouchard, Don's Brother. Thursday.

Today is one of the worst days of my life. We lost my brother Don and things will never be quite the same. He will live on through all of us. I wanted to share some thoughts with you that were prophetically written by my brother on his birthday February 3rd, 2000.

He called it Finite and Infinite.

“The one commodity that I know we possess in only a finite quantity is Time. We have an infinite capacity for experience, for knowledge, for adventure, for stimulation, for pleasure, for joy, for passion, for love - limited only by time and temperament.

Sooner or later, the clock will run out for all of us. I know that when that moment arrives for me; I will not welcome it. There will yet be, for me, books unread, wine un-drunk, meals uneaten, mountain roads un-ridden, reefs unexplored, desert vistas unappreciated, cigars un-smoked, friends unknown, sunsets unseen, love unfulfilled…

Awareness of the ticking-clock nature of life causes me no distress. Rather, it enhances the experience and heightens my appreciation of every savored moment. But, though I will not leave here willingly, it will be with the certain knowledge that never did I pass upon the opportunity for these things. I shall never say – “I only wish that I had done this or that when I could have”. For I did everything possible when I could do so. My only regret will be that I had not had additional time in which to do more.”

I too wish he had more time. Every cigar I smoke, every glass I raise and every sunset I savor I will think of my brother. God keep him close. I love you always. Your brother.

Amen.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts