BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many two-up rider situations are driven by men. We were wondering, does anyone trade off driving still two-up with the lady on trips?

·
Registered
253 Posts
We both ride our own so normally we don't do two up. However, there have been situations where we have. On vacation to Vegas one year, we rented a bike and took turns driving each other around. In fact, I just happened to be on the Pillion seat when we crossed the Hoover Dam.

Other situations include dropping my bike off at the dealer for service...I'll ride on the back of hers on the way home or on the way to pick mine up.

I would love to ride on the back for more than just a few miles. Sometimes it's nice not to worry about driving and just sit back and enjoy the scenery!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Interesting question, I've never seen it. But how many of you are old enough to remember when it looked weird to see a car with a woman driving and a man riding shotgun? Of course, now we think nothing of it. But is that day coming for couples touring on bikes?

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
big_ed said:
Interesting question, I've never seen it. But how many of you are old enough to remember when it looked weird to see a car with a woman driving and a man riding shotgun? Of course, now we think nothing of it. But is that day coming for couples touring on bikes?
Yes, it's gonna be here. Not from my wife, she hates to even drive the car but I know a LOT of women who ride their own and for whatever reason will take turns if they are out on only one bike.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I have never seen it. Only once have I seen a woman rider with a passenger. The passenger was another woman.

My wife doesn't ride. It would be nice if I could convince her to be pillion with me again, especially since I have a nice new sport-tourer. She stopped as soon as she became pregnant with our first. That was 16 years ago.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hey-ell no... Wife doesn't drive. I have been trying to talk her into getting her own bike, but she enjoys riding in back, and taking it all in.

On the other side of the coin, my wife's sister used to always drive with her husband on back. But then again, she could kick his ass too (really, she could).

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can't be done. She's 5'1"! Unless I chop the seat and duct tape 2x4 blocks to the pedals, it'll never happen. :rotf:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had a girlfriend back in South Africa that had her own bike, and handled my 750 Suzuki as well as I did. She was the only female I was ever comfortable riding behind with. Plus she had a great pair of grab handles... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts