BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install the Photon Blasters tomorrow and I also go the module that links in the front marker lights too. It mentions that if your bike monitors for burned out bulbs that you will need to add a resistor. Does the 2002 K1200LT monitor the front turn signal bulbs? I think later models do but I am not sure when it started.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I am looking to install the Photon Blasters tomorrow and I also go the module that links in the front marker lights too. It mentions that if your bike monitors for burned out bulbs that you will need to add a resistor. Does the 2002 K1200LT monitor the front turn signal bulbs? I think later models do but I am not sure when it started.
The LT has no CAN bus or bulb monitoring so you are good to go on the turn signals. I think on some models if you put an LED in the center bulb in the rear, it can cause some issues as that is a hold over from the K1200RS motronic which only had one bulb in the back and would notify you if it was burned out. The bike doesn't care about anything else. I have also been told that the rear lights are all on the same relay so not sure what and when it affects anything, just be aware if you go messing with the rear center bulb and you have issues with stuff, just replace it with a regular bulb and see if it goes away :)

Reactions: sailor and krazzz

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
The ABS monitors the single center light in the rear as a hold over from the RS version in ABS software. The flasher unit is a load dependent unit and will fast flash on some LED bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts