BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
That is an aftermarket switch that probably controlled some Aux lights, based on the "Pia" logo.

John

·
Cat Herder
1,442 Posts
PIAA Lights
Heated Grips next to that
Right turn signal (orange)
Cancel turn signal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all CASE CLOSED the owner took the lights as I found the wiring and no lights. I know what the other switches are and you can see the fade as I posted previously.

·
Registered
132 Posts
helmutdryer said:
Thanks all CASE CLOSED the owner took the lights as I found the wiring and no lights. I know what the other switches are and you can see the fade as I posted previously.
That fade is incredible. Even the color of the kill switch is bleached out. Did the PO keep the bike stored in a tanning booth?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for noticing. These are probably the worst switches I have seen. I wrote in another form about them. FL is a tanning bed and based on the shape of the sub frame it may have been outside covered. I purchased a Brother white on clear tape to see about re-lettering. Did you notice the black spots there are on several pics that I did not upload for this post. Looks like mildew. The Tupperware is in excellent shape, go figure? 73 Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts