BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned quite a few machines over all the years I've been riding, but the one thing I find unique about the LT is the sensation that I am riding IN the LT rather than on it. I have swapped rides with friends who have owned all sorts of different machine, including almost every model of the Wing, Harley's, Kawi's, Victory's, etc. This is the only machine that once I climb into "the cockpit" that makes me feel like I'm inside, not on top of the machine.

Does anyone else get this sensation, or am I nuts? (Let me rephrase that: Am I possible more nuts than I think I am?) :crazy:
 

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
Joined
·
14,421 Posts
As the Dali Lama said, "I am one with the LT".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
It is always possible... But being nuts does not mean that you are wrong. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
jzeiler said:
As the Dali Lama said, "I am one with the LT".
The Dali Lama walks into a pizza joint; he says to the guy behind the counter, "Can you make me one with everything."

Thank you; drive safey...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
RockMonkey said:
I've owned quite a few machines over all the years I've been riding, but the one thing I find unique about the LT is the sensation that I am riding IN the LT rather than on it. I have swapped rides with friends who have owned all sorts of different machine, including almost every model of the Wing, Harley's, Kawi's, Victory's, etc. This is the only machine that once I climb into "the cockpit" that makes me feel like I'm inside, not on top of the machine.

Does anyone else get this sensation, or am I nuts? (Let me rephrase that: Am I possible more nuts than I think I am?) :crazy:
I feel the same. Sometimes it feels like it's riding me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
++1 to all the comments posted above. She's worth every penny and hour I put into her. She's not perfect but neither is my wife of 22 years. (The LT is also cheaper). She just makes me feel GOOD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
:D It is ONE sweet bike to ride, whether it be carving the curves or running 90 on the highway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Unique in 1 regard - a very large bike that can do 2 things really well, cruise along in absolute luxury, or operate above 5000 rpm and breath a little fire into her. Oh, forgot to mention, my credit card got stolen the other day but I didn't report it - whover has it spends less than my wife. :histerica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I feel like I should be wearing tights and a cape going out to fight crime when I climb into the "cockpit" of my K1200LT...



:dance:


:bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
hd_ryder1964 said:
I feel like I should be wearing tights and a cape going out to fight crime when I climb into the "cockpit" of my K1200LT...



:dance:


:bmw:
My ATGATT does comprise of an under layer of a RED shirt with a large letter S on it and a red cape... Your's doesn't? Mine came with the bike...

:sun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,654 Posts
RockMonkey said:
I've owned quite a few machines over all the years I've been riding, but the one thing I find unique about the LT is the sensation that I am riding IN the LT rather than on it. I have swapped rides with friends who have owned all sorts of different machine, including almost every model of the Wing, Harley's, Kawi's, Victory's, etc. This is the only machine that once I climb into "the cockpit" that makes me feel like I'm inside, not on top of the machine.

Does anyone else get this sensation, or am I nuts? (Let me rephrase that: Am I possible more nuts than I think I am?) :crazy:
I actually feel just the opposite. My Voyager had a much lower seating posiiton and I felt more like I was down "in" the bike rather than perched on it. Same way on a GW. On the LT I feel like I am sitting high and more "on" the bike than in it.

I don't consider this at all bad as I like being high and feeling more on top of things, but I definitely feel more "on" than "in" the LT as compared to other bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
You don't sit on the LT,........you wear it.........what a great fit......... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Voyager said:
I actually feel just the opposite. My Voyager had a much lower seating posiiton and I felt more like I was down "in" the bike rather than perched on it. Same way on a GW. On the LT I feel like I am sitting high and more "on" the bike than in it.

I don't consider this at all bad as I like being high and feeling more on top of things, but I definitely feel more "on" than "in" the LT as compared to other bikes.
I concur..I had a Voyager for 13 years.
And never once did I even think about checking the fd..lol.
No probs with the bike at all..except for fork seals and all the cheap plastic crap falling off it.
Lost the side covers more then once..mostly my fault though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
As short as my legs are and as heavy as the LT is, I def. feel like I am on it every time I get on or stop. My toes have never been stronger. Once I am moving It is like riding on top of a cloud though, once it starts raining, you will be reminded you are not IN anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The voyager is one of the few touring machines I haven't had the opportunity to climb on (in). I do remember seeing one once, and thinking "OMG, that thing is humongous!" I don't know how it measures up today though with the oversized rigs we're riding :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
RockMonkey said:
The voyager is one of the few touring machines I haven't had the opportunity to climb on (in). I do remember seeing one once, and thinking "OMG, that thing is humongous!" I don't know how it measures up today though with the oversized rigs we're riding :p
I can tell you the Voyager is not as top heavy..nowhere near.
I can say side winds don't bother the Voyager nowhere as much also..must be more holes for the wind to blow through..lol.

But after 5mph...the beemer rules by a long shot!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top