BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of "Us" have an older LT (Mines a 99) that we have loved forever but the front end is a little sandblasted and you have been thinking about paint?

I have been waiting for another "Major" malfunction that requires the bike to be torn apart so that I can send out parts for new paint. I also have an oil resistant clutch sitting on the shelf waiting for the "Nest" clutch failure (Still Waiting LOL)

Being retired means being more frugal. I keep her mechanically up to speed but at 17 years old her dress is thread bare.

This will be the last bike I own unless of course she gets totaled in some form or fashion and I don't want to think about that!

Comments? Heck if I did decide to paint the old girl which isn't cheap I don't know if I should keep her wearing Canyon Red, You know the fastest color? LOL

Just wondering what everyone thought :)

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like paint. It's like getting a new bike. I rebuild totaled bikes, so I have no remorse about painting a perfectly good bike. This one was hurt real bad, I did get it going with most of the original plastic.
Then after a while, I wanted to take care fo the cosmetics with a custom paint job. You know how BMW racing stuff is white with red and blue stripes? Well I found a photo of the M1 car. I liked it, so that is the theme I went with. I called it M1.2 .After a few years that got old. Time to change it up. This time satin black! I like this one the best! I needed a name for it. It looked stealthy. I was wondering, did Germany have a stealth airplane? Well they do, but it is all angular like the F117. So I kept lookin till I found the Horten 229. Back in 44 Germany was workin on a flying wing! with BMW jet engines! THAT'S IT!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts