BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see so many LT for sale. It's hard to compare them because the each offer different options , some I want (abs, cruise) some i wouldnt mind but can live without ( trac control, ) are they packaged together ? is there a chart some where? Thanks in advance, Al

·
Registered
832 Posts
alrom999 said:
I see so many LT for sale. It's hard to compare them because the each offer different options , some I want (abs, cruise) some i wouldnt mind but can live without ( trac control, ) are they packaged together ? is there a chart some where? Thanks in advance, Al
Traction control?....on an LT? Never heard of that.
I think that when talking options, it would be mostly things like intercoms, cb radios, 6 disc cd changer, heated seats, etc.
It has more to do with what year bike that you are looking to buy.
In the earlier years there were 3 model levels of trim but since the update in '05 I think that they are pretty much the same.
The LT has gone from casette players to a cd player to a cd player with a 6 disc in right saddlebag to a cd player with an input for mp3/ipod.
The search function on this site is your friend; spend some time reading older threads that pertain to your questions.

·
Registered
577 Posts
most if not all LT's come with abs, cruse control, reverse, radio, heated seats, and such. 05's and newer added power center stand, more HP. A lot of owners have added what we call farkels that include GPS, radar, and extra lights, after market seats and wind shields, and mirrors intercomm sytems to name a few.

find one you like and ride it like you stole it

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I had the same questions before I bought my '01 as you.

Here is kind of, maybe possibly, what I think I might know about your dilemma.

Let's start with the differences in the years. LT's only!

The bikes manufactured before January1, 2001 have ABS II NON LINKED ABS brakes. January 1, 2001 bikes and later used the linked brake system. Easy to tell by looking at the front calipers. The earlier non-linked brakes have the name Brembo cast into the calipers. The later, linked brake calipers will say BMW on them.

2005 models added the electro hydraulic center stand. They also added 13 HP to the bike and adjusted the steering geometry for better low speed handling.

There are 3 models produced. LTA's, B's and C's.

The LTC is the full monte including heated grips, heated seats, factory intercom, 6 CD changer.

The B model does not include the intercom system.

Not sure about the A models but I believer there is no CD changer.

If the bike has factory heated grips then it as heated seats too.

I tried to find the post where I asked this question but was unable to find it.

Loren

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Models varied by year. 2003 had icon, custom(or chrome) and elite. Top of the line added gps and a com system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts