BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i bought a Givi AF 330 ( $245)for my GS 2011 1200 from Helmet Head Cycle.

I was installing it and the lower part of the windshield cracked and broke down.

I did call them to see if the can replace the part and they answered me that I do have to buy the whole crappy windshield system again

I asked for help to at least fix it or buy the lower part again and they said again " You have to buy the whole thing again"

I do blelieve that this is a F***** Up kind of answer/service to give to a loyal customer.

Next time I need and accessory for mi bike I wont buy anything from GIVI USA.

More over last week I also ordered a GIVI SR689 Monokey Top Case Adapter ($114) and they sent the order "twice" and I only got charged "once". So I acted very honest by cllaing them and let them know that they made a mistake by sending the part twice so I will sending back to them instead of selling it on EBAY to make money out of it.

I was too nice and gave it back.

Who would like to be treaded like that after you spent hundreds of dollars in parts?

I got a very poor customer service/help,

It was not right to a loyal and honest customer to GIVI USA

Just a thought from a screwed-up customer:

THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING GIVI PRODUCTS.

MARCELO

630-248-3393

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Obviously they're getting it from someone else or parts wouldn't be an issue..Maybe find out who the original maker is..National Cycle makes windshields for a lot of companies...

Did it break because you overtightned the screws ? Just wondering..
That's usually the case with that type of shield... The plastic is brittle and breaks easily..
Usually you have washers and stuff to soften the connection...I've seen lots of them split..

Just think about what would happen if a big rock hit the shield..It might shatter....

Good windshields are made of Polylcarbonate.. Not Lexan or Plexiglass...

Bad experiences with any product usually sucks pretty big...I would think Givi would want better.. Was it them or a store who refused you ?

John

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is very dissapointing.
First I did contact the vendor HELMET HEAD CYCLE and also I did contacted GIVI USA.

I did not overtightened the bolts and also I was using rubber washers.
I do not know if a rock hits the windshield, who knows?

I also thought that they can do better. The response from the guy from GIVI was I am sorry you'll have to buy the whole windshield system again since we do not sell the botton part.
Habe a nice day buddy!!

I do not think that's the right answer, I am not your buddy,
I am your customer take care of business, come on !!!

Unfortunately, GIVI won't never get a dime from me again.
I did spent about $1000 last year on parts and accessories from them.

JPSpen said:
Obviously they're getting it from someone else or parts wouldn't be an issue..Maybe find out who the original maker is..National Cycle makes windshields for a lot of companies...

Did it break because you overtightned the screws ? Just wondering..
That's usually the case with that type of shield... The plastic is brittle and breaks easily..
Usually you have washers and stuff to soften the connection...I've seen lots of them split..

Just think about what would happen if a big rock hit the shield..It might shatter....

Good windshields are made of Polylcarbonate.. Not Lexan or Plexiglass...

Bad experiences with any product usually sucks pretty big...I would think Givi would want better.. Was it them or a store who refused you ?

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts