BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deposit is down on GT but waiting till spec date to get into the options. I will go with everything . . . however . .. I have no interest in the "radio" via sperakers. I know that no one really knows anything . .but do we assume that I will need the radio to get the whole ipod integration into headset thing? I will have the GPS (which is bluetooth enabled, I believe) and plan to get a scala rider or some other system to listen to audiobooks etc. Do I need the radio to possibly integrate that type of headset activity? . . . .or . . .do BMW GPS's have mp3 and/or Sirius capability that could stream directly through BT??? I used Zumo and scala with my GS, but this whole new audio integration is a big mystery to me. If it is integrated and clean . .great . . but I don't want to throw 1-2K into a radio just to have speakers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
mx125 said:
Deposit is down on GT but waiting till spec date to get into the options. I will go with everything . . . however . .. I have no interest in the "radio" via sperakers. I know that no one really knows anything . .but do we assume that I will need the radio to get the whole ipod integration into headset thing? I will have the GPS (which is bluetooth enabled, I believe) and plan to get a scala rider or some other system to listen to audiobooks etc. Do I need the radio to possibly integrate that type of headset activity? . . . .or . . .do BMW GPS's have mp3 and/or Sirius capability that could stream directly through BT??? I used Zumo and scala with my GS, but this whole new audio integration is a big mystery to me. If it is integrated and clean . .great . . but I don't want to throw 1-2K into a radio just to have speakers.

Thanks.
The Scala Rider 4 and the J & M headsets both can work with a I-Pod in wireed mode.
To use the Nav 4 you may have to get the sound system I do not know yet if there is another way to mount and use it. You may also be able to use a Zumo 660 but we will not know until closer to the release of the bikes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Zumo 660 will fit and will charge with the K1600GTL but the handlebar mounted controls will not be able to operate it. You will need the BMW unit for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm definitely going with the integrated solution. I'm sick of separate units on cars and was one of the big selling points for me on this bike. Total integration. However, just interested in what functions (BT, Sirius etc.) are embedded in the factory unit . . .and if I will have a way to load mp3's/auidiobooks without the radio. Sounds unlikely . . and prob won't know for sure until after some users actually get their bikes and report back. That will be too late for me as I'm near the top of my dealers list.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am #1 with my dealer and am happy that the bike will come loaded. This way everything should work as it is supposed to work (hopefuly). Even if you don't use the radio very much it could come in handy for weather and traffic reports.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm definitely going with the integrated solution. I'm sick of separate units on cars and was one of the big selling points for me on this bike. Total integration. However, just interested in what functions (BT, Sirius etc.) are embedded in the factory unit . . .and if I will have a way to load mp3's/auidiobooks without the radio. Sounds unlikely . . and prob won't know for sure until after some users actually get their bikes and report back. That will be too late for me as I'm near the top of my dealers list.
I agree about the integration. The R1200GSA with the J&M Integratr IV is a mass of wires that I'd rather do without.

The folks at J&M assure me they will have the product(s) necessary to integrate the iPhone, where I use the GPS, Pandora Radio, and take incoming calls from the wife wondering where the hell I am (told her I'd be home three hours ago :rolleyes:).

I had a Goldwing and was really put off by all the buttons and switches. Of course it never stalled like the K1300GT :mad:

I am #1 with my dealer and am happy that the bike will come loaded. This way everything should work as it is supposed to work (hopefuly). Even if you don't use the radio very much it could come in handy for weather and traffic reports.
I gave up picking and choosing options and always order them loaded. So I too am glad its coming that way.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you're getting the GT, you will get the radio whether you want it or not. Radio / ipod / bluetooth / GPS pre-wiring it's all one package.

On my GS, I have the ipod in my pocket, plugged into the Scala by the scala supplied wire and I have a wireless remote velcro'd to the handlebars.

I'm looking forward to finally have a bike without doodads attached to the bars and wires coming and going all over the place.. I'll place the ipod in the side storage cubby and control the whole show from the switch gear, and paired to the Scala in my helmet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. That sounds like a plan. As long as i'm not alone . . . and throwing away money . . I'm happy to pay for the integrated wireless solution. .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts