BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan I saw you are selling a back rack and you said your selling your LT. What's up dude? :confused:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
DanDiver said:
Yes - I have a 1600 GTL on order.
When do you take delivery Dano? Can't wait to hear an objective comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
I was told by Jane that my order was about in the middle of the first batch to come over, but that there were no promises. I'm just going to have to wait and see. Most likely sometime after May. I was told by the local BMW dealer that mine was # 6.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
This is a late response and follow-up to a 1 1/2 year old thread and the quick answer is yes, I am very pleased with the decision to sell the 02 LT and get the 2012 GTL.

I had been very close to selling my 02 and getting an 2010 LT but because of what I had done to my 02 and the fact that I was not thrilled with the power center stand on the 2010, a GTL seemed a better decision.

A search on this forum will bring up more detailed information on my early test ride, hesitations and fears after taking delivery.

To date, I have had about 9,000 trouble free miles and two very slight dealer warranty issues that was solved in less than 30 minutes. The fluid cover on the brake reserve was peeling and replaced and the left handle bar control had a glitch and was replaced.

The lower center of gravity, speed, removable storage containers, lighting and handling make this bike a pleasure to ride.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Better late than never, right Dano? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts