BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The narrow, clear plastic window that covers the radio display has become quite discolored due to the sun. Can it be replaced? If so, is it a big deal to replace it?

Thanks in advance....Phil in Bakersfield

·
Registered
166 Posts
No answer for you here, but mine is also now discolored. Looks like soap spots or something on mine, but I havn't found anything to clear it up yet. Anyone hava some suggestions for us?

·
Registered
795 Posts
You can use NOVUS 1 on it and it will clean it up, #2 will work as well but then go over it with #1. Some have used denatured alchohol as well. It works but can leave the plastic and surrounding plastic slightly melted looking. Use with care and sparingly. The novus product is a plastic cleaner/polisher and won't hurt it at all but does make a difference.

·
Registered
818 Posts
During dry weather, I polish it with a clear plastic polish.

When it starts getting wet, I put a clear packaging tape over it.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
A little denatured alcohol will clear it right up. then cover it with any clear tape to protect it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tile-x cleaned mine up 2yrs ago with no harm to the plastic. Then used packaging tape also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had mine discolored whenever it gets wet. I use plexus to clean it off. Works everytine. Just a little dab will do you.
I like the idea of putting tape over it, would help in the rain
Hammer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts