BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading about disabling the security alarm ... my dealer even recommended this ... Although I don't wish to be locked out of my bike while miles from home, I would like to be able to lock/unlock all the cases with the fob ... anyway to disable all functions of the alarm system and leave the ability to lock/unlock the cases and radio enclosure?

Edit: This is a 2006 K12LT

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey Fuzz,

If you have the book for your alarm system, it does tell you how to customize your alarm to do what you want. I put my alarm in passive (?) mode so it only comes on when I want it. As normal course of duty, I just press the fob and the central locking locks everything but alarm is not on. Is that what you are after? If you PM me your email, I can send you an alarm book if you don't have one.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,421 Posts
I don't think so. No need to set the alarm when you lock the cases. One push will do it. Two presses locks and sets. Occasionally I do get an alarm set as well and I just unlock and try again until I just get the lock.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sit ... pm sent ... this is exactly what I need to do ...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One last question about this .... if and when I get the book and disable all but the central locking .... will I need to worry about dead batteries or battery replacements and my security code (5 digit code from BMW)?

I gave the dealer all the info on the security system and two days later he gave me a 5 digit code ... I have yet to be able to prove this code is the right code for my bike ... I've been trying to use it to add a fob as per dealers instructions ... but alas ... no joy

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just realized I have already got the book mentioned above ... tried to program again and was successful this time ... still can't get my new fob registered but may have the dealer do it when the repair my low beam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts