BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't make very many cell phone calls to 411 for directory assistance, butt for those who do, this might 'assist' you. Snopes sez it's true, so .... as they say!!! :rolleyes: And apparently, this works on home phone lines as well.

====================================
Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00, or more, for 411 / information calls.

When you need to use the 411 / information option, simply dial
1-800-FREE-411 or 1 800 373 3411 without incurring a charge.

====================================

This may have been previously reported on our forum boards - I didn't search for it tho.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Thanks Dick! I just tried it and it does indeed work. now have it in my directory for future use!

John

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
FREE FREE FREE Directory Assistance!!!

Dick,

Thank you so much for the information! I urge you and everyone to listen/watch the video at THIS LINK. It explains the entire business plan of this free service. Yes...it is truly FREE! Who woulda thunk it?!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Directory assistance

I've saved my employer a bit of money by getting our employees who carry company cell phones to use 1-800-free-411 instead of using Sprint's 411 operators. We're also going to program our phone switch to route all 411 calls from our hardwired phones to the same service.

One thing not mentioned is that at least some of the time they will connect you to the number you requested free of charge, even when it's long distance.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You have my eternal gratitude for checking this out BEFORE posting. :)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Thanks for sharing

I ditto Rix on thanking you for researching this service before posting. This number is now in my address book for future use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts