BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I have no life, I spend a great deal of time this past winter surfing the 'net. I remember seeing a trailer that connects to the frame of a BMW without using a hitch. The trailer looked like a unigo but bolted directly to the bike.

Anyone else see this trailer or am I going insane?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I don't know it all, but I do know a thing or two about trailers,
(I'm currently on my fourth one)
and I have never seen a hitch as you describe,
although the Dauntless hitch "appears" to be part of the bike,
maybe that's what you're thinking?

·
Registered
719 Posts
i dont think it was a trailer,but a type of homemade swivel hitch,it was a type of clevis that had a bolt going through it that bolted to the hitch, i think its on the motorcycle trailer towing forum

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I think the one you're talking about (or similar) is on EBay as we speak..........
EBay motors, trailers, motorcycle....................strange little one wheel trailer

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
and the hitch looks like this.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl's the winner!

Thanks, now to see how much for shipping to the US...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
RVB1019 said:
Carl's the winner!

Might want to check on coffin prices also :eek:
Had a very simular set up that mounted, that high up to the rear seat frame on my 1974 R90/6, to pull a thing called the cycleburro.
Pulled fine most of the time, however every once in awhile, because of the height of the attachment point, it would set up this really weird (shit your pants) scary oscillation.
Seems most trailer hook ups are mounted at axle height so that a weight shift has to move the whole bike, with it mounted right at the seat level, it was like a passenger leaning off the side of the bike without warning.
Do as you please, just take note you have been warned, and extra shorts
Rock

·
Registered
370 Posts
UncleRock said:
Might want to check on coffin prices also :eek:
Had a very simular set up that mounted, that high up to the rear seat frame on my 1974 R90/6, to pull a thing called the cycleburro.
Pulled fine most of the time, however every once in awhile, because of the height of the attachment point, it would set up this really weird (shit your pants) scary oscillation.
Seems most trailer hook ups are mounted at axle height so that a weight shift has to move the whole bike, with it mounted right at the seat level, it was like a passenger leaning off the side of the bike without warning.
Do as you please, just take note you have been warned, and extra shorts
Rock
Rock, the trailer we're talking about not only mounts at axle height, but it mounts directly to the rear axle of the bike. Not high up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
RVB1019 said:
Carl's the winner!

Rob,

When you find out more info, how bout coming back here and letting us know more about it. Which model are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a link to a promo video. Quality sucks but you'll get the idea.

http://www.motogoodies.com/images/RAPTOR.WMV

According to the website- 1220 Euros for the trailer + 309 to connect to a beemer= 1529 Euros or $2,042.13 U.S. dollars

Unigo or Bushtec are the tried and true alternatives for same amount.

Oh well!

·
Registered
96 Posts
"All three models sold out."

Not sure of the affiliation, but this is a Ten Kate offering. As in WSB domination.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MarkG said:
"All three models sold out."

Not sure of the affiliation, but this is a Ten Kate offering. As in WSB domination.
It looks like they only carry the Raptor version. As for "Ten Kate" or "WSB Domination", I have no clue what you're saying.

Yes, it is only for sale overseas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
RVB1019 said:
It looks like they only carry the Raptor version. As for "Ten Kate" or "WSB Domination", I have no clue what you're saying.

Yes, it is only for sale overseas.
The site clearly states "all three models sold out."

Ten Kate is a Dutch Honda racing team, dominant in World Super Bike (WSB) and World Supersport, for that matter. Ten Kate is a surname, pronounced "ten kahtay." They sell all sorts of high end racing bits, all the way up to a complete, ready to race modified bike.

It appears from the website that Ten Kate is either the distributor or manufacturer of the trailer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
SilverBuffalo said:
I don't know it all, but I do know a thing or two about trailers,
(I'm currently on my fourth one)
and I have never seen a hitch as you describe,
although the Dauntless hitch "appears" to be part of the bike,
maybe that's what you're thinking?
Hi Hans

saw your picture with the trailer, could you light me up a bit (Im new here) how it's connected to the LT,and if you can could you show me some pic of it, i live in Thailand and cant order from US so i need to manyfacture one..
so all picture helps are welcome.

i have 04 K1200LT

Cheers's

Marco

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
K1200LT-TH said:
Hi Hans

saw your picture with the trailer, could you light me up a bit (Im new here) how it's connected to the LT,and if you can could you show me some pic of it, i live in Thailand and cant order from US so i need to manyfacture one..
so all picture helps are welcome.

i have 04 K1200LT

Cheers's

Marco
Welcome to the forum Marco,

there's a lot of information available on this forum that you're probably interested in,
at the top of the page you'll see a search box,
click on that and type in trailer hitch and you can go back a couple of years and read what others have said,

here's one of mine with a couple of pictures.
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=trailer+hitch

Another good place for information is:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=MCTrailertowing&nav=start&prettyurl=%2FMCTrailertowing%2Fstart

The two best hitch manufactorers in the US are Dauntless and Bushtec,
they both have pictures on their web site.

http://www.bushtec.com/

http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/

that should keep you busy for a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts