BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a RT. First I had a Navigator V. This failed and would stop updating the screen until I took it out of the mount and removed the internal battery! So I bought a Navigator VI. It has also packed up, and it thinks that someone is touching the screen randomly and continuously, so the screen just goes berserk!

Now I have discovered that there are TWO part numbers of VI listed for sale, but with the same name! These are:

BMW MOTORRAD Genuine Navigator VI - 2021 Updated
  • 77528356019 for $1,059
  • 77528504066 for $1,259

Does anyone know if the dearer unit is an improved design? Has anyone any experience with the model whose number ends with 4066? Is it reliable???

Thanks in advance,
Paul - Sydney

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
135 Posts
Here's what I can tell from my 2019 GSA invoice... 77528356019 is pre-2021 (older unit) without cradle.
77528504066 looks like it's the new Nav 6 updated for 2021 also without cradle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke to the BMW dealer, who advised ..6019 (cheaper) model is dreadful and is to be avoided at all costs. The dearer ...4066 unit is also called "Revision B" and is a new design. I bought this today and it seems to be much faster in responding and is looking positive. I will advise if there is a problem. Hope this helps some others.

·
Registered
513 Posts
In the UK, Garmin offer a refurbished unit if out of warranty. I swapped my Nav VI for £145. All the ones shipping now as refurbished seem to be the revised model. You can tell which you have when you switch it on, new model shows "life a ride" on startup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the UK, Garmin offer a refurbished unit if out of warranty. I swapped my Nav VI for £145. All the ones shipping now as refurbished seem to be the revised model. You can tell which you have when you switch it on, new model shows "life a ride" on startup
Wish I had known this. Bought the newest one this morning! :(

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
216 Posts
I had the earlier unit, and it worked fine for over 3.5 years. Then it started ghosting. I approached my dealer, and he arranged for a new unit of the newer type in exchange.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Your lucky, in the UK, two years warranty and then its Jog off and pay £145 for a refurbished one from Garmin. Which only comes with a 30 day warranty, but not sure they can get away with that one, if my refurbished one packs up, we will be having a conversation, I live 15 miles from Garmin UK HQ, so me and my sat nav will be paying them a visit, but all good at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.