BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a cross country trip on my 2003 LT. I noticed a couple of things
a) the average speed on the OB after resetting is about 10kph less than the speedometer Which is right? Can either be recalibrated?
b) the L/100km reading somtimes appears 'stuck' and shows a reading that's out to lunch. Way too low.
c) the kms left on the remaining gas seems a bit optimistic. How does it do the calculation?

I tried searching but couldn't find the answers. Maybe somewhere someone has explained it all?

Wayne

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
waynejones said:
I just returned from a cross country trip on my 2003 LT. I noticed a couple of things
a) the average speed on the OB after resetting is about 10kph less than the speedometer Which is right? Can either be recalibrated?
b) the L/100km reading somtimes appears 'stuck' and shows a reading that's out to lunch. Way too low.
c) the kms left on the remaining gas seems a bit optimistic. How does it do the calculation?

I tried searching but couldn't find the answers. Maybe somewhere someone has explained it all?

Wayne
Yes, the speedometer on pre 2005 LT's can be calibrated, many posts here over the years, some with pictures on how to do it. It requires removing the speedometer module from the instrument panel and soldering two jumpers on the printed circuit board, one between the two solder pads labled JB, another between the pads labeled JC. This only affects the speedometer, not the odometer.

There is a procedure for calibrating the BC computer mileage calculation. Right now I do not remember where to find it. I am sure someone will come up with it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
HERE is one thread with pictures.

HERE is the section in the Hall of wisdom that has three different threads on speedometer accuracy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dshealey said:
There is a procedure for calibrating the BC computer mileage calculation. Right now I do not remember where to find it. I am sure someone will come up with it.
It's right here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts