BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at used K1200LTs. In that I have not been following the model year after year, I am having trouble determine what exactly are the key differences between a 2003 model, and a 2005 or 2006 besides the electric lift stand? Any other notable features absent or different about the older model? Any guidance would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
lights, front rake redone for better handling at slow speed, after that it depends on the option package of the 2003, intercom, and some other items. Those are the main items, I am sure someone will tell you about the other dozen or so options but these seem to be the main items.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
lemiller said:
Have been looking at used K1200LTs. In that I have not been following the model year after year, I am having trouble determine what exactly are the key differences between a 2003 model, and a 2005 or 2006 besides the electric lift stand? Any other notable features absent or different about the older model? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Zenon headlight, seperate high beam, 10 more HP, some more chrome on the side grills and trunk, re-done gage cluster, side courtesy lights, narrower (OUCH) saddle, 2 trip odometers, some have Voice II com system, no tool kit, rake change for better handling, electric center stand, electric central locking system, front fender is different.
These are the differences between my 2002 and my 2007 LT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Tom1200 said:
lights, front rake redone for better handling at slow speed, after that it depends on the option package of the 2003, intercom, and some other items. Those are the main items, I am sure someone will tell you about the other dozen or so options but these seem to be the main items.
And power increased to 116HP, torque to 86FT LBS....about a 15% increase.

-Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
simoncharles said:
2005/2006 didn´t have the Zenon option
Correction -- my '06 did (can't remember about my '05) (and as a nit to the OP, it's Xenon, as in the gas used in HID lighting :D)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,872 Posts
You are forgetting the biggest difference in the 05 and the 06 guys....the 06 has two trip meters on the BC. ;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Not to mention, for some weird reason: the '05's seemed more prone to rear drive failure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Lonewuff said:
You are forgetting the biggest difference in the 05 and the 06 guys....the 06 has two trip meters on the BC. ;) :D

My '05 has two trip meters....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
kk610lt said:
Zenon headlight, seperate high beam, 10 more HP, some more chrome on the side grills and trunk, re-done gage cluster, side courtesy lights, narrower (OUCH) saddle, 2 trip odometers, some have Voice II com system, no tool kit, rake change for better handling, electric center stand, electric central locking system, front fender is different.
These are the differences between my 2002 and my 2007 LT.
check out the highlighted words
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks to everyone for their informative replys. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks everyone! :wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
simoncharles said:
To cut a long story short, if you can, go for the bike with the hydraulic center stand.
Giddy Up to that..... :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,878 Posts
I don't use the center stand much in Florida and a power one is just extra weight, extra hydraulics and in my opinion not necessary. If it were possible to order a new one without it, I would. Just me....
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top