BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate showing my ignorance, but what is the difference between a LT, LTC, LTE. I Really don't have a clue. And I can"t seem to pick up on it on this site. Also as far as i can see BMW mfg does not mention the LTC, or the LTE.
If anybody on this site knows, I sure would appreciate a response.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
rlv said:
I hate showing my ignorance, but what is the difference between a LT, LTC, LTE. I Really don't have a clue. And I can"t seem to pick up on it on this site. Also as far as i can see BMW mfg does not mention the LTC, or the LTE.
If anybody on this site knows, I sure would appreciate a response.
Its buried in the archives, but here's the summary:

In the U.S. market, the LT was introduced in three trim levels S, I, and C (standard, icon, and custom). IIRC, S had black trim, I has S stuff + heated seats and trip computer, C had I+ all chrome trim bits and CD changer.

Eventually the S was dropped, and the E added (originally "Elite", until Honda objected, then "Exodus"). The E is nothing more than a C, with dealer-installed GPS and Intercom, and bag liners, IIRC.

The different models are no more. The '05s are all one trim, with a menu of options. They are all LT's. The only difference being the fact that the blue ones are the fastest ;)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Mark, I am not so sure about the blue ones being the fastest. My clear one is pretty quick! :D :D :D

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
I dunno about that either, Mark. I seem to remember passing a blue one on the way back from Mt. Evans. :) Of course, I was pushing it a bit down the side of that mountain. :D

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
meese said:
I dunno about that either, Mark. I seem to remember passing a blue one on the way back from Mt. Evans. :) Of course, I was pushing it a bit down the side of that mountain. :D
Good thing I wasn't :) Also a good thing the LT doesn't have doors -- you would have blown mine off! ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sorry, blue, clear not a chance. It has been shown in several multicenter, double blinded, placebo controlled trials that black, not grey, but black is truly the fasted color. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
I guess we'll find out once and for all at Road Atlanta, now won't we. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts