BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my way home from a short ride today and my 03 just died about 40 miles from the house. The bike wouldn't restart and called home to have my better half bring the trailer. Bike has had the canisterectomy but loosened the fuel cap just in case. No joy! When I got the bike home and taking it off the trailer I tried to start it once more for kicks. The old girl started as though nothing was wrong. She ran for a short while then died. The fuel pump has a different sound which I had noted at the start of my ride. Will be doing some investigating in the morning but I recalled having seen some threads discussing alternate fuel pumps and did a search. Didn't find what I was looking for so I'm asking for help. Has anyone changed a fuel pump with an alternate or aftermarket fuel pump and what exactly did you use in case I determine that the fuel pump is the issue rather than dirty fuel filter, pinched hose or any of the other possible reasons for bad fuel delivery?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like another case of in tank fuel hose "disconnect itus" same sounding problem on friends 99LT
I removed fuel pump and made repair to hose connection with out removing tank , just right side tupper ware and a bit o spilled gasoline

Bob G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts