BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave I've been a Harley rider for more years than I care to remember but just last week I bought a K1200 LT from a private party which is now the only bike in my stable. I now have to learn to stop tensing up every time I see a small variation in the pavement. No jolt on the spine, plenty of power and superb handling make this one sweet ride. I now see why this bike is so popular!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, enjoy, it is a fine machine for sure, I am on my second and still loving it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome to the crowd :wave

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's what we say. Once you go Beemer, You never go back...

John

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Don't know what you got, but if you read around here much, you'll find that those of us who have invested in custom seats and a suspension upgrade swear by them. And if you ride solo, try removing the trunk.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also have been riding Harley's for years. When I bought my LT last year I was unsure. On my first ride I put just over 600 miles on it. Just kept on riding and smiling. It convinced me I made the right choice

Bob

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sometimes I take Traveller for granted.

Not long ago, I took a quick 2500 mile (or so) trip in about three days. Complete comfort.

Mileage is a piece-o-cake on her.

I see no reason to go shopping for one of the new 6 cylinders. No offence meant for those who do.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Comfort is right.
I did not come from a HD to realize that. My bike before this was a GW and I also rode the earlier model K100LT much lighter and handled like a charm. Well the 1200LT has developed through the years to out perform its first generation predecessor. It is great. And though I am still under 10k miles I intent to do something about that on my next trip. Welcome to the fold.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts