BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the RT out on the road today. Temps around 45 or 50, and if a guy's got a chance to ride on 12/31 in the Hawkeye state, better grab it. Not bad out there. Enjoyed the heated seat and grips. The roads were damp - and from a look at the bike after the ride, must be some sort of backdraft - the back was covered with crud. All taken care of with a thorough wash, and she's back in the stable, clean and dry. Pretty good way to close out the year.

Best, John

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Trojan said:
Took the RT out on the road today. Temps around 45 or 50, and if a guy's got a chance to ride on 12/31 in the Hawkeye state, better grab it. Not bad out there. Enjoyed the heated seat and grips. The roads were damp - and from a look at the bike after the ride, must be some sort of backdraft - the back was covered with crud. All taken care of with a thorough wash, and she's back in the stable, clean and dry. Pretty good way to close out the year.

Best, John
Well, I didn't see you out and about when I was. Of course, it probably has something to do with the 400 some miles in between us :rolleyes: . About 50 degrees with rain washed roads and no ice. Intermittant light rain but no biggie. You're right: gotta get it while the gettin's good.

Happy New Year All!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Trojan said:

Best, John
Hey John,

Got a ride in on 12/31 in the JAY-Hawk-er state :) ... but it's going to take some heated stones to get out today.. I don't think we are getting out of the teens... but, it is a gorgeous day out and I'm tempted!!!

Have a great one!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
We got rain and ice in central Iowa yesterday. No riding for me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
1 1 11

Close to 60 today here in the Nor'east, so I took a ride along the Bay State and the Granite State ocean front roads. I kinda cheated tho, I road my KLX250S instead of the RT. I just got a Renazco seat a couple of days ago and I just had to try it out. Nice ride, two die hard surfers out on the ocean.

The Kow is easier to clean too.
MF

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mick-F said:
1 1 11

Close to 60 today here in the Nor'east, so I took a ride along the Bay State and the Granite State ocean front roads. I kinda cheated tho, I road my KLX250S instead of the RT. I just got a Renazco seat a couple of days ago and I just had to try it out. Nice ride, two die hard surfers out on the ocean.

The Kow is easier to clean now and ag too.
MF
Hi Mick---Sad day when Las Vegas can't get above 40!! Very unusual. As Jay Leno said, "Hell is now frozen over!" I'm glad you guys in the colder climes can get out every now and again. We are for the most part spoiled out here in the desert. For us, the summer can be the "off season." But we endure; you guys with layers and heated duds, us with hydration vests and mesh.
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Day!

We had snow this morning. About 6 inches. Just add that to the already six feet on the side of the road. I just keep saying to myself that it's gods country in the summer.

Enjoy your New year!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Tahoerider said:
Good Day!

We had snow this morning. About 6 inches. Just add that to the already six feet on the side of the road. I just keep saying to myself that it's gods country in the summer.

Enjoy your New year!
Ouch!!! we dont have any snow right now, the rain washed it all away.HeHeHe
I agree ride when you can... there is no redoes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts