BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a nice 2005 LT at Livermore HD, they took in as a trade. Anybody from this list? I forgot to ask them if I could get PO info.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I take it that means yours was totaled on your mishap?

Ahh, just saw your updated sig line. Sorry to hear that, but still happy you and Phyllis were OK.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was sad on one hand. That was a great, trouble free bike.
But on the other hand, I feel better with something that is not cobbled back together, not to mention the down time to get fixed.

It's remarkable how gently it set us down on the ground before it continued on into the ditch. I've fallen harder skiing.

The LT I am looking at the Livermore HD shop is blue and came from Cycle Specialities. Very clean with some nice stuff. I pondered new but just turned in my retirement papers and would like to keep the budget status quo for the time being. I feel I got a fair settlement from AAA and the Livermore bike will make for a fairly painless transition.

If someone has something thy think I would like better let me know. funny thing, the HD shop had an LT and GT, both nicely farkled. Tried both, but preferred the LT still. Seems to be a shortage of nice,low mileage, late model LT's on the market.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Well, congrats on retiring and on finding a good replacement LT! You know, taking a ride to Fort Bragg in a couple of weeks would be a perfect way to break that thing in. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
The HD dealer in Stockton also has a used red LT out front. The parts guy said they had taken in two BMWs on trade...I only saw one and have no details.....possibly on your way to Livermore?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may end up with a BMW RoadKing UltraClassic LT

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Would that be the K1200FLHTCUILT? :D

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
On the road again

Hold on there fella, watch out how you structure those letters

Well went over to the HD shop. Tried a Road Glide while I was there, Nice, but not for me.
I am now back on the road again with a nicely equipped 05 LT, actually better than what I had. My only complain is the stealth radio antenna the PO installed. Kinda cuts into the radio's reception. I think I'll be changing it back to OEM

Sorry we cant make the ride David. Phyll is on a trip with a friend and I am doing doggie day care for my sisters two mutts.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Re: On the road again

Congrats on the new bike! Maybe the dogs can ride up with you; they'll have plenty of prime rib at dinner for them! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts