BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a B&B in Asheville. We have many guests coming up from Greenville/Greer SC, site of the BMW plant. I make it quite clear that my passion is motorcyles, especially on the third floor with it's motorsport art gallery. Well, I just said goodbye to a lovely couple this morning for their weekend getaway to Asheville. He works at the BMW plant. Last year an inventory count FOUND --- 6 2006 K1200lt's in crates. They sent an email to all employees first come first served $5,000. DAMN I did not want to hear that this morning.

HDusenbery 2000 K1200ltc

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wish I'd seen this before church today; a member of my Sunday School class works at BMW Manufacturing.

Let's see, he buys the LT for $5k, sells it to me for a modest finder's fee, I sell my old LT....

Shoot, it would take two weeks to remove all the farkles and reinstall them on the new bike. Then the old bike will have holes in it. Probably too good to be true.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just paid that & more for my '99.

Oh well, sometimes opportunity knocks!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
HDusenbery said:
Last year an inventory count FOUND --- 6 2006 K1200lt's in crates. They sent an email to all employees first come first served $5,000.
Not calling anyone a liar, but this story sure does smell fishy.

·
Registered
635 Posts
messenger13 said:
I thought motorcycles came from the New Jersey headquarters, I know thats where my 05 came from as it was stamped on the crate.
I thought the SC facility just handled the automotive division.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
messenger13 said:
I'm not sayin' nothin' either, but I didn't get that email:rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do not believe he had any reason to make up the story. He was not a motorcyclist. We talked about new buildings going up at the plant but he said it was not for production. BMW does seem to want to move the X3 production to SC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts