BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
c00k1e said:
Did any of the '99 models have CD players?
The 99's had cassette players in the oddments box and optional 6 Disc changers in the side case.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I assume you are referring to the CD changer in the saddlebag? My understanding is that the changer was standard for the 1999 Icon and Custom models, but not included with the "Standard" model LT. My Icon is an early model year 1999 and had the CD changer (I've since removed it).

If you are referring to the player in the stingray, I believe the early model year LTs (certainly the 1999) had a cassette player. In later model years BMW changed to a single CD player in the stingray.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep, all the above sounds very accurate.

My '99 here in Australia has the 6 CD changer in the right hand pannier, and the cassette player beneath the stingray, and the huge GPS box in the left hand pannier box. Man they take up space compared to iPods and cigarette packet size GPS units.

Cheers to all
Paul Harrington
AU
E: [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe that if you want, you should be able to buy a later system (system 3?) and fit it in place of the cassette system.

·
Registered
361 Posts
BrianD said:
I believe that if you want, you should be able to buy a later system (system 3?) and fit it in place of the cassette system.
Not quite so simple as I found out to my cost. There are two different and incompatible part numbers. One is for the analogue dash models and the other for the digital dash models. Guess how I found out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts