BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 bike, Dice unit plays the music from the IPhone but it never charges it. Any fix?
Also I occasionaly lose the Ipod input when the bike sound system switches from the IPod or Iphone over to the radio on its own. Why ?
Incidentally the IPod/IPhone songs or playlists are never displayed on the bikes dash.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
We noticed that many of our older chargers do NOT work with the iPhone 4.

·
Registered
407 Posts
markmoloney said:
Also I occasionaly lose the Ipod input when the bike sound system switches from the IPod or Iphone over to the radio on its own. Why ?
I can't speak to the charging on the iPone. But my Dice would frequently switch back to the radio on its own. Called Dice and they replaced mine. Since then it has only happened one time. I think a call to Dice would be in order for both issues.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
there is a new lead upgrade for the dice it has a green end. new iphones are 5v not 12v once you change the lead it will charge and will still charge the older ipods
ebay

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry forgot to mention for clarity it is an IPhone 3gs

I have had the DICE unit for about 4 years now so I do not think DICE will be interested in replacing it.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
found this in the ipod/mp3 forum for the older dice units to charge the new style ipods
http://diceelectronics.com/dock-5v.html
it did work to charge my newer ipod, but still have power drain with my older dice. I disconnect it when not in use.
contact them, give them the info off your unit, they will be able to tell you for certain that the cable will charge your iphone or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts