BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow LT riders. I wanted to integrate a few audio devices on my 2005 K1200LT. Here are some pictures of my final install. Had to remove the CD Changer and connect to the existing cable (no soldering required). You can't see the Sirius stations but the Dice unit announces them in a sexy British accent. You can't see the iPod song names either but honestly, if you could, you would probably end up in a ditch or on the trunk lid of a motorist. I can now listen to a AM, FM, CD, iPod classic, Sirius, Bluetooth iPhone and an auxiliary device as well. I hope the pictures tell the story. If not, you can reach me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Are these attached to the lid of the trunk case?

Is there any kind of controller working them remotely from the riding position?

A few more pics, not necessarily so close up, and a few more details would be interesting.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I see you waited awhile to make your first post. :wave

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
mitcspe said:
Hey fellow LT riders. I wanted to integrate a few audio devices on my 2005 K1200LT. Here are some pictures of my final install. Had to remove the CD Changer and connect to the existing cable (no soldering required). You can't see the Sirius stations but the Dice unit announces them in a sexy British accent. You can't see the iPod song names either but honestly, if you could, you would probably end up in a ditch or on the trunk lid of a motorist. I can now listen to a AM, FM, CD, iPod classic, Sirius, Bluetooth iPhone and an auxiliary device as well. I hope the pictures tell the story. If not, you can reach me at [email protected]

Great job on the pics.

Where in Oviedo are you? I live behind Oviedo HS and thought I was the only LT for 10 miles.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I really like that discreet XM antenna on the trunk. Have you got any part information for it? :cool:

I see you don't have the trunk rack. I thought that was standard equipment in later years? :confused:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That looks like a clean tidy job.
Only that's quite a bit of space to sacrifice for just entertainment. I try to pack smartly and usually reserve the trunk space for my multi-tec helmet and security.
Still if it works for you Priceless.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
mitcspe said:
I can now listen to a AM, FM, CD, iPod classic, Sirius, Bluetooth iPhone and an auxiliary device as well.
I would say you've got it "covered"
I assume that the wife's microphone on the intercom system "overrides" all other components! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm hoping your Dice unit works better than mine did. It worked great for about a week then would randomly stop. This was several years ago so hopefully they have fixed the many issues that were present. You'll love satellite radio on the bike!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Another future mod for me. I bought the Dice box (actually it wasn't a Dice, it was another brand that some people used on an 05 and they claimed the text worked etc) about a year ago, didn't get time to put it on before a 3000 mile ride to Nova Scotia and back, so it sat in my garage. And now I'm moving house, it's in storage with my household goods and my bikes. Have to wait until June before I see it all again. I'm getting BMW withdrawal symptoms (some call it PMS - parked motorcycle syndrome) so June can't come soon enough! I'll be removing the CD changer, adding the dice and a connection for an iPhone, and also for a solid state iPod (no hard drive to ensure no skipping). I'm hoping the space will be enough to squeeze my toolkit and paperwork into where the cd changer was, leaving more room for my wife's stuff (!). Might even hook up XM since I have a unit in the car that I temporarily installed for the regular 6 hour drive back and forth between Rochester NY and Boston before we packed the house....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I mounted my DICE unit and iPod in the CD changer mount and had room there for my tool kit, first aid kit and a bag of spare parts. Saved the room in the the trunk and the tools and first aid kits are easy to access with the saddlebags loaded!

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
As a first post your efforts and attention to detail is outstanding - we now expect this
from you each and every post since you have set a high water mark!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts