BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By chance would anyone have the 3pin/6pin to 10 Pin adapter cable that goes from the rear CD Changer connections to the Dice device. For sale or if your feeling generous....:grin:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I may have one, I'll dig around the Shed this weekend and let you know...

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Ok, I have two, the shorter one came off a dice has a 6 pin, and a 3 pin connector for the BMW and a 22 pin connector on the other side for the device, the other came off an audioVox, has two 4 pin connectors for the Bike side and a smaller 22 pin connector for the device side.....

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Dont throw away the black one for the dice. Its not quite right but I may come back begging in the future. The end for the 6 pin/3 pin is correct but at the device side mine is a 12 pin connector, not what you show.
Worst case I may get in touch for that one and try to get a pin-out to modify.
I am very thankful that you took the time to look, I hope I can return the favor someday.
Pete

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Well, Dont throw away the black one for the dice. Its not quite right but I may come back begging in the future. The end for the 6 pin/3 pin is correct but at the device side mine is a 12 pin connector, not what you show.
Worst case I may get in touch for that one and try to get a pin-out to modify.
I am very thankful that you took the time to look, I hope I can return the favor someday.
Pete
I have a 12 pin to the 3/6 cable but I only have one with my dice unit. I am not even sure if it is wired correctly as when I plug it in, I only get one side of the stereo but it does work other than that. Not sure where the fault lies as the CD player plays both channels. My dice may have an issue. The reference numbers are looking at the back side of the plug as it goes into the Dice.

If I hold the Dice up with the clip on the plug at the top, this is what I see. Not sure how they are numbered but this is how I am labeling it for reference.

looking at dice

Cable plug
1 empty
2 small white
3 empty
4 black
5 empty
6 red
7 white
8 empty
9 empty
10 empty
11 black
12 brown

7, 11 and 12 go to the small 3 pin for power and the brown wire has a 2A fuse in it. with the notch to the right it is
white, brown in the middle and black on the right.

The 6 pin with the notch on top and the right

1 and 2 are empty
3 is black
4 is the shield from the shielded wires making up the cable
5 is red
6 is white

Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts