BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the this forum and did see anything on this, but has anyone shorted the cable that comes with the DICE? I brought a used DICE off Ebay and if i read it right it comes with a 15 foot long cablet. I'd rather make a new cable if needed. Any suggestions on shortening or makeing a new one?

It's the I-BMW-T/5v, Silver Line Pro.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I recently installed the Silverline Pro, didn't shorten the cable (but I don't see why you couldn't), but did pull the existing CD wiring from the sidecase, then with the rear seat removed joined the 2 x sets of connecters and wrapped them up with electrical tape, then shoved all the excess cable up under the tail cover, and only the Ipod connector is fed to the sidecase through the same hole, about a foot of cable inside it. Much neater and keeps all the sidecase space available.
Don't forget to cut the main power wire ( I did it on the CD harness side) and feed it from a switched source, unless you want to drain your battery! You lose the setup each time for text scrolling, but that's way better than the bike not starting after a few days. The Ipod still plays as soon as you go to the 2nd CD setting, you just have to flick through to CD6, Track 8 to get the text back each time.
Oh, and the white/blue stripe wire that is also live is a data bus line.. (from Adam at DICE..."Because the unit is hooked up to switched 12V now, that is why the memory for the text setting keeps resetting. The wire you're asking about is the iBus line and is used for data".
I've had no battery drain problems leaving the Ipod hooked up permanently since altering the power source.
Here's some install pics
Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts