BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd update with a note about using the DICE unit with an Iphone (as opposed to an Ipod), and an Autocom bluetooth unit.
When paired with the Autocom for answering calls, which works brilliantly, the Iphone defaults to an "Autocom Dongle" connection as first priority over the DICE's "Dock connection".
This means you have to manually select "Dock Connection" on the Iphone before starting a trip once its all plugged in, otherwise no music gets through... however if the phone rings and gets answered, the Iphone selects the dongle again as first priority... and you lose your music.
So far I haven't found a way around this... ideally I'd like to be able to set the priority of the connecting devices in the Iphone settings, but can't find an option for it.
Anyone come across this little gem and got it sorted?

Looks like I'll be buying an 8Gb Ipod off my son (he bought a 32Gb one with his Xmas money), which will now live in the sidecase for music... and the Iphone stays in the pocket for phone calls via bluetooth. :(

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hi Chris
my auto com crapped itself last month so I have pulled it all out and just use dice, scalarider 4 + iphone works superbly,, no mucking around connecting this to that 2 mic's 2 sets of earphones and the g4's are giving me at least 1.5kms range to Cathie on the other bike

·
Registered
349 Posts
Unfortunately this is the way it is. I have a similar problem when I dock my iPhone in the car, which has an Alpine integrated system in it. I use the BT for phone and dock for music, although the BT has music capability. It's just far lower quality and much slower to navigate.

If you have a phone-only BT unit, then it won't do this. I think Autocom makes a phone BT and a music+phone BT unit, I believe you got the latter?

If you plug the dock in AFTER the BT unit has found the phone (about 5-10 seconds after power-up) then it should go to the dock port without manually changing it. At least that's how it works on my Alpine.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Linton. Lucky you've got someone else to ride with! Kerry only likes being a pillion.... and not in city traffic! Look forward to meeting with you on our way through in April!

Carlos, I might have the dual BT/Music... I didn't specifically buy it for that, just the phone connection. I know music can stream through it, but its crap with no volume control (as you mentioned) so avoid it.
I'm pretty sure that once the iphone answers a call, it stays with BT priority... I did a few tests before deciding to get a Ipod for music instead... now I'm just dealing with the battery drain issues, and the best way to wire it. Just got some response from DICE, which I'm following up shortly. They reckon it should NOT drain the battery because its supposed to cut out power, which it doesn't (I've already rewired to switched power to overcome this).

cheers guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts