BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to this site and the HOW for making making this diagnostic tree available (http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/sho...er=135159&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&vc=1). I'm slowly gaining an understanding of this process, and here is some of what I've found:

1) Is this a progressive test. You can you only proceed to the next test if the previous item tested correctly. To prove this hypothesis I changed the throttle cable adjustment several times and the subsequent tests would not test until I correctly adjusted the throttle.

2) Has anyone had a problem completing number 8? My bike would do the first part of the test correctly, but when the pedal was released the light would not come back on. I found the issue was in the "foot brake light switch adjustment". I was able to adjust the switch using the BMW method (see attachments) The switch my bike had too tight of an adjustment, however the brake light worked properly. I found that by giving the switch a little more play completed the test and I could move on to #9 (which now test ok).

All I need now is someone to test ride it for me. Any volunteers? I can't wait to get this sling off my arm and get riding.

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts
I'll be up as soon as I can, Ernie. Always willing to help a friend. :D

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A True Friend

meese said:
I'll be up as soon as I can, Ernie. Always willing to help a friend. :D