BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly two years ago I read that the guys at Twisted Edge were creating a Northern California Motorcycle guide similar to their excellent Washington and British Columbia Editions. At the time, if you pre-ordered the book, you could save about 50% on the cost plus get an advanced edition when it was published. It ran about 8 months late but I received my advanced copy yesterday in the mail.

A W E S O M E !

I have never seen such a comprehensive and detailed catalog of motorcycle roads and services of Northern California in print. It is written in a familiar, easy style with a sense of humor most riders will appreciate. Each of the 74 primary Destination Highways includes a quality rating utilizing 6-7 different endicies, detailed routing map, a firsthand description of what to expect, variations on entering and exiting the ride area, local eateries, available fuel, coffee stops, and includes several blank diary pages for you to detail your own impressions after you ride the route yourself. All of this is published in a superb quality package featuring plastic coated pages, spiral-binding for easy single side use, and dimensionally sized to fit most tankbag map pockets abeit a bit thick for some. The guide also includes numerous secondary roads and although designed for the tarmac also references tertiary, unpaved options as well. There is a lot of great information to freshen up familiar riding routes while providing a number of new ideas for future planning. I know this was several years in the making and that Twisted Edge logged more than 17K miles putting it together.

Once you see one, you'll have to have it! A worthy addition to any rider's Christmas list! It is only available at their website. http://www.destinationhighways.com/

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fyi...

The guys from Twisted Edge will have a booth at the Motorcycle Show in San Mateo with copies of the new NorCal Destination Highways available for purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts