BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
In Moab, you are only about 115 miles from the BMW dealer in Grand Junction. I do not know anything about their service department but they are an authorized BMW Dealer. You will go right past their shop on I-70 on your way to Denver. It is a good location with motels and restaurants within walking distance if you need to stay over a day. It is another 250 miles from Grand Junction to Denver soooo.... If you decide to go for Denver, as you come in from Moab you will be closer to Foothills BMW on the west side of town than to Denver BMW which is on the east side of the metro area. I've had service at both and would trust either one.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I would avoid the Colorado Springs dealer. On my way to RA Rally I had an engine warning light come on. Called them first thing in the AM to see if they would fit me in the following morning to determine what the fault was. Service guy said he was too busy and suggested I go to Denver. To add insult to injury - he tells me the bike is under warranty and BMW will pay for any service. I responded "that's not going help me if I break down in the middle of nowhere". He says "that's part of the adventure of touring". I don't know if this was a reflection of the dealership or just a bad service manager. I only know most BMW dealers go out of their way to assist a rider passing through while touring. All I wanted was for them to plug in their computer to see if I had a serious fault or something minor that could wait to get repaired after I got home.

·
Registered
232 Posts
sorchilla said:
I would avoid the Colorado Springs dealer. On my way to RA Rally I had an engine warning light come on. Called them first thing in the AM to see if they would fit me in the following morning to determine what the fault was. Service guy said he was too busy and suggested I go to Denver. To add insult to injury - he tells me the bike is under warranty and BMW will pay for any service. I responded "that's not going help me if I break down in the middle of nowhere". He says "that's part of the adventure of touring". I don't know if this was a reflection of the dealership or just a bad service manager. I only know most BMW dealers go out of their way to assist a rider passing through while touring. All I wanted was for them to plug in their computer to see if I had a serious fault or something minor that could wait to get repaired after I got home.

Just out of curiousity what was the issue with your bike?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts