BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a certain model or part number for the Denison Ice Link I need to hook an ipod in place of my CD changer? Is the Ice Link the only thing I need or is there another cable needed?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Denison Ice Link

Were is the best place to purchase this Ice Link? Is the price about the same everywhere?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Icelink

Jerrym said:
Were is the best place to purchase this Ice Link? Is the price about the same everywhere?
I bought mine at Best buy with a 10% off online order
At the same time I bought a IPOD Mini a set of cheapo speakers
Total Cost 355.88

·
Registered
590 Posts
The version sold at Best Buy (and perhaps through other retail outlets) comes with the cradle mount. Some list members have installed the cradle in the right saddlebag. I think the retail cost in-store is $199. I bought mine on eBay and saved a few bucks.

Once I received it, I decided to mount the iPod in the oddments box. I could have fit the cradle in that location but it was a little bulky, especially since I also keep my cellphone in there.

I ended up ordering a dock cable from Dension, which cost over $40 with shipping. If you want to do the same install, it would probably be cheaper to order the iceLink directly from Dension with the trunk kit (so that you get the long cable) and have them swap the dock cable for the cradle.

Anyone wanna buy a cradle mount?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts