BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rec'd a B-day pair for my 05 RT--thanks to my sons
have the 'beneath signal light' mount kit already on.
Question is:
1. has anyone added a high/low switch so you can control and not just have low w/low beam high w/high beam?

2. is CAN-BUS connector needed for this hook up.?

3. it appears they also make a 'high' only set of these lights w/o the low beam (40%) option--seems high only would be the most used --- anyone use the low beam often??

thanks for your help

Ray in Va

·
Registered
48 Posts
I haven't rigged a switch for a high/low option.

When I first installed the D2s I used the low beam wire as the 40% trigger and the 100% triggered from the high beam wire. What I had in mind was to have the D2s shut off at the same time as the headlights to conserve battery, just in case I wanted to leave the key on. High beam was fine but there was a flicker on the 40%. I enquired with T/T to see if it was really necessary to use the CANbus adapter triggered from the running light. They said it might work the way I had it wired, or maybe not.

So then I installed the adapter (make sure you get the polarity right) and triggered the 40% that way. Then I got to thinking about what I had bought the lights for.... conspicuity. Given that I rarely ride at night there wasn't much point in "saving" all that extra illumination. So, I now have both 40% and 100% triggerd from the running light. I can use the on/off switch to shut them off if the engine is not running or if an enforcement officer thinks I've got too much light.

BTW, I'm waiting for the 2nd warranty replacement of one of the pods. I hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I received the second D2 pod from TT. They also refunded my shipping costs for the second return. Good service, but I wish it could be a little faster. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts