BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2016 BMW R1200RT Premium in San Marino blue
44 Posts
I'm using Clearwater Krista lights, same idea. Yellow lenses are the ticket for being seen. The world is awash with white lights, but the yellow ones really stand out (think tow trucks and other emergency vehicles).

· Registered
621 Posts
On my 2019 RT I have one set yellow and one set white. Stands out
On my 2010 RT, I had a Krista on one side yellow, and other side no yellow cover. The contrast made it stand out-more than once, folks asked me if one light was out. Clearwater lens make it easy to swap them out, while offering protection from a rock.

Reactions: jpilzjr

· Registered
2022 R1250RT Racing Blue
72 Posts
I have the Denali S4 under the mirrors, and added an amber flip down cover on the OEM aux lights. The folks I've ridden with all say the ambers are really noticeable, then even more when adding the S4. Also get the added bonus of being able to see better myself.

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Water

· Premium Member
52 Posts
I have the Denali S4 under the mirrors, and added an amber flip down cover on the OEM aux lights. The folks I've ridden with all say the ambers are really noticeable, then even more when adding the S4. Also get the added bonus of being able to see better myself.

View attachment 181449
I like the flip down over the fogs idea. Do you have a close up of the flip down lens?

· Registered
2022 R1250RT Racing Blue
72 Posts
I like the flip down over the fogs idea. Do you have a close up of the flip down lens?
Not at home to take a pic, but here’s the listing on Amazon.
Pair Motorcycle LED Fog Light Protector Guards OEM Foglight Lamp Cover Fit For R1200GS Adventure F800GS Adventure R1250GS / ADV LC (Orange) https://a.co/d/2wMwiEj

· Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,397 Posts
I have always run the "Odd Eye" scheme. Stems from my first new touring bike in 1974 and all I could find at a garage sale was a clear and an amber fog light. Been running it ever since, on my caliper mounted Moto Lights and my Denali's. I run amber on the road side and clear on the curb side.

· Registered
27 Posts
I use a a pair of D2 2.0 with yellow lenses mounted under the mirrors running 'Spot' lights, but angled down. I've set them up so they run on a low setting during the day or if on dipped beam (and they're still plenty bright enough for day time use) but on full chat when on high beam. For me this works both ways, during they day they're bright & yellow that attract attention, at night and on dipped they don't blind, but lit up on full power they still light up a long way ahead and melt the tarmac directly in front, (and the yellow lenses make not real difference).

· Registered
2022 R1250RT & 2005 KLR650
206 Posts
@bandera, That's the way to go. I replaced the stock lamps with Denali DR1s with selective yellow lenses and Denali D4s underneath the mirrors. Everything is hooked up through a CANSmart. Tap the highbeam switch a few times and the road turns into a discotheque.

· Registered
2022 R1250RT & 2005 KLR650
206 Posts
I have always run the "Odd Eye" scheme. Stems from my first new touring bike in 1974 and all I could find at a garage sale was a clear and an amber fog light. Been running it ever since, on my caliper mounted Moto Lights and my Denali's. I run amber on the road side and clear on the curb side.
I like this idea but don't think I've ever seen it on the road. Get any comments from drivers?

· Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Here is the D4 light plot.

I use the true hybrid with yellow lens and it works well for me.

· Premium Member
576 Posts
I'm using Clearwater Krista lights, same idea. Yellow lenses are the ticket for being seen. The world is awash with white lights, but the yellow ones really stand out (think tow trucks and other emergency vehicles).
Have got the Denali lights with the yellow lens

· Registered
16 Posts
I have set up a set of yellow spot and flood. The spot on curb side(right) and a flood on the on on coming traffic side(left). I am seen and I get best of both. If you order the lenses from Denali I believe they send you a pair of spot and flood and I used one of each

· Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have set up a set of yellow spot and flood. The spot on curb side(right) and a flood on the on on coming traffic side(left). I am seen and I get best of both. If you order the lenses from Denali I believe they send you a pair of spot and flood and I used one of each
Amber Font Wireless access point Audio equipment Material property

I thought that might be the a good setup as well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts