BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer still does not have a clue as to when they will be receiving their Demo Bike.
But from what I am hearing from those that have ridden the Demo's, it sounds like most are able to just do their own thing for an hour.

Is this right ? or does the format vary from dealer to dealer.

The reason I ask, is that normally a Demo ride from my local dealer consists of little more than a parade around the block following behind one of their salesmen.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
In Austin I was asked How long I wanted to ride & when the next test ride was so I would be back in time for the next person to go. One of the sales man went with my on another demo (GS) but we talked about the route before we left. I could not take my wife as their insurance did not cover that but the same sales man took my wife another day. I would say it is different per dealer & insurance

·
Registered
519 Posts
No ride-alongs or pre-determined routes here. Gave me the key and said "enjoy". Was gone for a couple hours. Now I also have had a deposit in since July of last year, and the sales guy is trying to make up for their lack of communication/follow-up on this process, so he may have been a bit more accommodating than a walk-in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've taken numerous BMWs for test-rides, at a few dealerships, without having purchased any bikes there yet. They always just give me the keys and let me take off. Your dealership sounds really bad.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
first ride was 10:15 to 12:30
second ride with wife was 10:00 to 12:00 AND they fed everyone lunch!
I guess it depends if there is a waiting list, in S Fl the snowbirds have flown north!:dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts